The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » My Funding the San Francisco Magic Parlor Reopening (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Hello Fellow Magi!
I want to share an exciting period in my life and also request your assistance. I’ve launched a one-month project on “Kickstarter” an online site dedicated to raising capital to support the arts.

I am working diligently and moving forward to re-create the San Francisco Magic Parlor. I love storytelling– and magic– and this city– and want to share everything I know about them with visitors from around the globe and locals who love theatre and want to experience an evening of enchantment.

I know in today’s economy there are more creative visions to invest in than there are private donors to support them. However many of us have friends who have other friends –who wish to, and are able to– support worthwhile artistic ventures. (Remember the “six-degrees-of-separation theory?)

Kickstarter.com requires –full funding– from pledges made directly on their site by individual donors, in order to award and release a project grant, and I’m steadfast in my objective to meet that goal.

The Chancellor Hotel will host the San Francisco Magic Parlor once again this Autumn. My show “Astonishment! Magical Tales of San Francisco” is theatrical Performance Art. A fresh approach to seamlessly blending classic storytelling with classical magic. Almost every performance at the Parlor sold-out in 2009 and I’m optimistic this fresh new show will do so again.

The historic Chancellor on Union Square opened in 1914 to accommodate the throngs visiting the Panama Pacific International Exposition: a World’s Fair to show off the wonders of a new century and prove to the world that San Francisco had risen from the flames of her 1906 earthquake.

This is my goal as well –to like the Phoenix– revive a very special performance venue. My guests will enter an intimate turn-of-the-century-parlor where magical marvels and romantic tales of old San Francisco will unfold. I am committed to creating extraordinary evenings of mystery and enchantment. I’m initiating a three-month run, but I hope the Parlor runs indefinitely as an avenue to augment my livelihood as an entertainer.

You may know that I bring over thirty-five years as a full-time theatrical magician and professional Equity actor to this project– and I’ve been fortunate to assemble a “dream team” of three of the best, diverse, and skilled artistic advisors, along with an amazing production design team. I’ve been impressed with how committed the Chancellor is to hosting the theatre and transforming their dining space into a comfortable 19th Century Parlor to offer guests an evening of gracious hospitality and fascinating entertainment.

I’ve wanted to re-invent and re-open the Parlor for three years now– and it’s not often you get a second chance to share a dream. I’d like my friends, and friends of their friends, to become a part of my dream as we approach my Holiday Season opening.

Wherever you are in the world, you’ll know there’s a special table reserved for you in the San Francisco Magic Parlor– on the Cable Car line in the heart of downtown’s Union Square.

I’m looking forward to your participation in my endeavor –within the next thirty days– to meet my goal to be eligible for funding.
You’ll find my Kickstarter page at:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/walt......rancisco

Please be aware that all pledges must go through Kickstarter’s website and not to me– to be credited as reaching or exceeding my goal.

I appreciate your encouragement and consideration. Thank you!
Magically,
Bro. Walt
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Pledges are going well, I'm at 17% of my funding... but frankly I could use more support.

Please help me network and get the word spread further. I don't want to lose momentum.

I feel this will be a great showcase for an unusual genre of Magic, you'll be happy you had some part in birthing. See what it’s all about with the link below.

Magically, Bro. Walt

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/walt......rancisco
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

My Kickstarter activities are going well,
but I could use much-o support spreading the word
to your colleagues and friends of friends for a mid-way push.

Please help me network, it’s the only way Kickstarter works.
Only 23 days to go,
and I’m 47% of the way to home plate.

http://tinyurl.com/MagicParlor

Thanks! Walt
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

What is an Arts Advocate?

“When an individual supports the Arts
they are nurturing more
than that art form.

They are contributing to the thousands
of hours and the decades during which
the artist studied, experimented, and
grew to perfect their skills in times of
abject frustration and immense joy.

The patron is nourishing the artist’s
heart and soul as they bond with them
in celebrating the artistic process.

The benefactor subsidizes the artist’s
passion, and tools, and time to perfect
their craft and hone their talents in order
to offer those gifts to others.”

–Anonymous–
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

My show “Astonishment” is one-quarter blocked and memorized as of last night (David is being a slave-driver.)

With a tiny performance area in the Parlor movement is regimented and tight (I did say it was an intimate space!)

I at last found an obscure and elusive prop in Chinatown, what a great local resource to shop in.

Tonight, back to the Chancellor Hotel to re-measure everything and rearrange the seating to maximize sightlines.
That’s today’s update…
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

“Once more into the breach dear friends!” I’m into the next to last week of trying to reach my goal for my Kickstarter project for the San Francisco Magic Parlor. I’m inching closer, but I need your help with networking, please take a moment to spread word on Facebook? THANKS!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

I am so VERY excited!

As of today $490 to go towards the $3000 necessary in Kickstarter pledges needed for my Magic Parlor project.

What is amazing and gratifying is, not only have friends and colleagues supported my work… there are a number of total strangers who’ve wanted to be a part of this too.

THANK you to every one of you for your networking, social media blasts, and gifts.
I’ll let you know if I reach (or exceed) my goal and receive the award.

PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Congratulations, Walt. Home and dry with 11 days to go.

BC
Phasmologist
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Yes Walt, looks like it's a go! Congratulations!

I will have to plan a trip. Have to see this.

All the best!

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Exceeding and Succeeding with my Magic Parlor!

Choice of ticket vendor? Prices of seats? What photo poses? Web design? Wording press releases? So many hats to wear!

Producer, Marketer, Actor, Magician…. and oh, costume coordinator. Don’t envy me?…. Oh yes, envy me. This dream is being reborn. I am floating on air having exceed my Kickstarter goal and having marvelous new partners too.

Magically, Walt
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Thanks to ya’all for a successful Kickstarter Project, there will be a few more touches in the San Francisco Magic Parlor’s ambiance to give a suggestion of the La Belle Époque period, so my guests feel they are in a turn-of-the-century Cabaret.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Don't forget to take & post 'making of' photos/videos as you go along.

Wishing you all the best.

BC
Phasmologist
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Good thought!
Here are the tables in Micheal's studio before shipping.
Walt

http://wackomagic.blogspot.com/2012/07/c......sco.html
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Now that's what I'm talking about. Those tables look vaguely familiar--are they recreated from one of the Adelaide Hermann posters or photos? They REALLY take you there. Just beautiful.

BC
Phasmologist
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Here's the whole scoop on Michael's tables, my post is about half-way down.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=26

Magically, Walt
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Hello! I thought you’d like a “down to the wire” update.
-- 4 Days to go on the clock!
-- 45 Incredible donors.
-- $3,580 pledges

This grant provides for details in the Parlor’s ambiance to suggest the La Belle Époque period, so my guests feel they are in a turn-of-the-century Cabaret. Michael Mosher (with no compensation for his work or time) sent up the three tables that will grace the stage. Not only are the lovely, they all fold perfectly flat for storage each night!
http://wackomagic.blogspot.com/2012/07/c......sco.html

Thank You for supporting the project.
Magically, Walt
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Just 35 hours left on my Kickstarter Project for the Magic Parlor!

Yep, it’s been a successful campaign, but if you know someone who’d still like to pledge any amount to help reopen the San Francisco Magic Parlor, they have about 35 hours left to visit the Kickstarter grant site. A pledge can be as little as one-dollar to partner with me!

“Reopening the San Francisco Magic Parlor– on the Cable Car line in the heart of downtown’s Union Square. My show “Astonishment! Magical Tales of San Francisco” opening this October is theatrical Performance Art. A fresh approach to seamlessly blending classic storytelling with classical magic. My guests will enter an intimate turn-of-the-century-parlor where magical marvels and romantic tales of old San Francisco will unfold.”

Hope to see you at the Parlor this Autumn!
Magically,
Walt
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

55 minutes to go! With my Kickstarter Project to reopen the San Francisco Magic Parlor... http://tinyurl.com/MagicParlor

Walt
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

A MESSAGE TO MY KICKSTARTER BACKERS…

Your Rewards! For your generous support…

Hello Parlor Partners!
Below is a summary of your donor rewards and a brief description of how they’ll work. I’ll be in touch formally with more information soon.

If you would please send me the BEST email address to use to stay in contact with your for all reward details. My BEST email address is: SanFranEnteretain@SBCGlobal.Net.

Do me a huge favor-- if you declined an award at your pledge level, reconsider I really would like to say thank you and acknowledge each and every one of you. If you can’t use some perk, at least go for one level below and accept that with my thanks.

You made this happen so hugs to all…
Walt

Dinner at Luques Reward:
I’ll personally make your dinner reservations (2 or 4 diners) to dine in the Chancellor Hotel’s lounge after your show date and tickets have been confirmed.

A half-Page Program Ad:
I’ll send you the program ad format before the programs are set-up and printed this Autumn, I expect this will be mid- September. To keep with the 1890’s style of the show and Parlor there will be a set format for all ads and they will appear within an old-fashioned scroll/banner.

Two-for-One Coupon/Voucher:
See notes below, the process will be there same. FYI there will be no online box-office service charges I’ll make sure that is handled.

Complimentary Show Seats:
(2 or 4) Once our online box-office is set up, probably near the end of September, I’ll check-in and either make comp reservations for you, or send along a promo-code to use on the website to reserve your seats. Maybe think about giving the show a week or two so I can settle into the space, get comfortable with my audiences, and get into the rhythm of the show, that said any Thursday, Friday, or Saturday of the October through December run will be available to you!

Thank You Listing / Facebook Fan Page Acknowledgements:
You’ll be listed within our souvenir program as an angel/donor/supported similar wording. I’ll email you to find out how you want to be listed e.g. full name, initial and name, nickname, professional name, etc. Our Facebook Fan Page acknowledgement will match the program thank you.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Corrected Email

Sorry the this second message, I misspelled my own email address!

SanFranEntertain@SBCGlobal.Net

Thank you, Walt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » My Funding the San Francisco Magic Parlor Reopening (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL