The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Time to expand ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mitch150
View Profile
New user
Deep in the Lake County
17 Posts

Profile of Mitch150
I have a nice show, parlor, which goes over well. NOW I would love to take this to another level. This is planning time, think about it time, and start working in that direction time.

What I want to do is get into a few "large" illusions. I know I will need an assistant to do this, but that is in the planning.

Here is what I want to add to the "end" of the table / trunk show -

* Sommers Chair Suspension.

* Some kind of trunk transformation. (Metamorphsis type of tranformation) See Tarbell Vol 6, Lesson 79 / The substitution trunk mystery.

* Zig Zag

For now this is the long term goal. Something to bring a bit of the large stage work into somebody's living room / rec room / or any place else where a small show normally sets up.

Not all at once, just pick up one at a time -- get it into the act, then add it to the show.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

-- Mitch --
It is easier to try than to prove it can't be done.
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
Subtrunk is a great first illusion, but a little big for a living room. Also, unless you have a girlfriend or wife who is willing to help, getting an assistant can be difficult and expensive (but not as expensive as the girlfiend/wife!) I reccomend a one man illusion with an audience member that you can do a lot and use it to upsell your shows. The chair suspension is a candidate, but I never cared for it much. I would prefer a visible bow saw, head chopper, or a good self-levitation. The important thing is that it easy to transport, not take a lot of time to set-up, not have a large footprint, and perform under parlor conditions. Best of luck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Time to expand ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL