The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » When Houdini broke the Magician's Code (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Cox
View Profile
Elite user
Studio City, CA
494 Posts

Profile of John Cox
So here's my way of commenting on the whole Alex Stone Fooling Houdini book scandal. The Magician's Code is no joke. Even Houdini himself got himself in trouble over it.

http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/06/......tea.html
Please visit my blog

WILD ABOUT HARRY
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That's a pretty cool article. Lot's to think about!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Houdini was clearly not above exposing a trick if the intent was to make himself look good.
His entire "fraud mediums exposed" segment was case-in-point.
Also, if another escape artist was doing an escape for which he had a better method (such as the coffin escape), he would expose the rival's method onstage, and then do the same escape under conditions where the rival's method wouldn't work.

As Jimmy Collins pointed out, the truth was whatever Mr. Houdini decided it was.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Sometimes Houdini just did it to thwart the plethora of Houdini imitators that were trying to cash in his name.

As for the spiritualism end, there were many low-life's out there trying to hurt innocent people. Houdini was shedding light on these bottom feeders.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Didn't Mac King say that after he taught tricks on the World's Greatest Magic specials in the 90's that he got kicked out of the IBM or SAM because they said he "exposed magic"?
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Great blog post John. Thanks for sharing that.
John Cox
View Profile
Elite user
Studio City, CA
494 Posts

Profile of John Cox
Thank you, DT3. Glad you enjoyed it. Smile
Please visit my blog

WILD ABOUT HARRY
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » When Houdini broke the Magician's Code (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL