The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » To the donors of the Mentalism Charity Book Project 2010 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Having the consent of the contributors would seem to include any thoughts of exclusivity on their part.

I have never spend so much on a mentalism book before and don't even have a "pad" and don't do that type of mentalism anyway.

What I was supporting was the willingness of these contibutors to share something of themselves for a worthy cause.

Go for it!
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I think that, as a vehicle for raising money for charity, this is a splendid idea. Outstanding, actually.

I also appreciate the obvious care R&T are showing the contributors and the purchasers of the previous book.

Let me suggest -- purely as a discussion point -- that you consider releasing this as an eBook? ALL the money can go to charity in that case, without deductions for printing, postage etc. I appreciate that "theft" by the torrent types is an issue, but it appears that is already been done. Again...just an idea. The people who are going to "steal" the book are going to do so anyway.

I don't believe the book should be reduced in price for an e-edition...or even a hard copy one. Maybe consider selling it at a higher price than the original.

Either way -- I commend you both for your kindness to the charity, the contributors and the purchasers. I'll back you regardless of where you take this project. I respect your integrity.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
timlic
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham
120 Posts

Profile of timlic
I managed to purchase the original version of this when it was released - Not only for the ideas, etc. but because of the donations towards the charity.

I, for one, don't mind whether there's a re-print; But maybe with less thoughts/ideas?

IF the money from the re-print is also going to charity, then I say YES! Go for it.

Those who have illegally copied it should feel ashamed of themselves!
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
248 Posts

Profile of Darby
As an owner of one of the first additions I applaud this action!

Given that it was never promised as exclusive and forever limited, they got permission from the only people that have a real vested interest - those that contributed their material.

Frankly, I don't think this will have a huge impact to those that have already gone through the trouble of scanning the book, but if it will provide more funding to the worthy causes, I'm all for it.

And to actually ask the question from everyone here as to what they should do with their material, I'm not sure if that's bravery or insanity. But it's certainly being very transparent of your motivations.

Best of luck with this second run!
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Finally, ... Smile

Here we go with the Secret Impressions reprint!

Thanks a lot for supporting the Mentalism Charity Project one more time!

All the best
Th.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2012-10-12 02:42, ParaLabs - Thomas wrote:
Finally, ... Smile

Here we go with the Secret Impressions reprint!

Thanks a lot for supporting the Mentalism Charity Project one more time!

All the best
Th.

Good to see this back out again. Thanks to ParaLabs!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » To the donors of the Mentalism Charity Book Project 2010 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL