The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rsvp presents - The Utopia Card Frame (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

After many requests we are finally able to offer limited supplies of The Utopia Card Frame produced with the kind permission of it's creator Mark Leveridge. Each unit is hand-made, built to last and finally holds poker sized playing cards. If you've ever wanted an alternative presentation for Card to Wallet, then this is it! Also perfect to use combined with our recent release "Childsplay" where a thought of card appears inside the frame!

You can see the effect in action here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drJRPbFMgg

This is one of our FISM releases and we expect to sell out of the supplies that we have quite quickly. They are available to ship now with free worldwide shipping for a limited time.

Thanks again for your continued support.
Russ
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
BLOODY BRILLIANT!

Russ, you won't be able to keep them in stock!
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
What is the difficulty level? thanks
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
I use an original one for my effect "childsplay" and it really really lifts the effect, but you have to use bridge sized cards, I'm so glad Russ has had these made I've ordered one straight away as they really are a great prop!

My mate Gary Jones has some cool routines with this prop, I think they are on the DVD?

Anyway, great work Russ, can't wait to get mine!
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Guys,

Skill level is easy I would say if you can palm a card. If you use Childsplay it's even easier!

Chris you should get yours today or tomorrow and I know you'll really like the design and fact that it holds up to poker sized cards. Thanks for the orders already guys.

Best,
Russ
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Watched the clip, can you tell what the start of the trick is, the clip seems to show things at the end, meaning how was card selected, etc etc
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
Quote:
On 2012-07-05 11:57, MuscleMagic wrote:
Watched the clip, can you tell what the start of the trick is, the clip seems to show things at the end, meaning how was card selected, etc etc

To be fair it's a utility prop like a card to wallet, so it can be used in any routine, but with the childsplay routine you have one card selected and a second card is just thought of by the spectator.

Cheers Russ, I've a gig Saturday night so I'll definitely be putting it through its paces!
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello MuscleMagic,

I'll upload a clip of Mark James' version of 'Childsplay' to give you an idea. We've not put the entire routine on the trailer because what you're getting is essentially another way to do card to wallet in a novel way and you're applying exactly the same technique.

I'll put the upload link here once it's live.

Best,
Russ
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Will place an order shortly, keep one by for me Russ, look out for the order!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Order placed!!! I have been waiting for these beauties to come out for a little while, I have been having so much fun using childsplay with my jol wallet, I think this routine will be made even stronger with this prop, fantastic!!!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Russ, when will this come to Penguin?
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Zomnie Magic,

Due to the high manufaturing costs, Utopia will only be available from ourselves and Mark Leveridge.

Best,
Russ
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
The quality and workmanship is second to none.
It's perfect!!
Thanks Russ for making these availible.
Don't think about this one, it's a no brainer!!
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
You can also get it from the creator Mark Leveridge - who has a bonus instruction set of 5 routines (together with a great Kids show routine). I bought my original from him over 10 yrs ago and still works great - but cant fit poker-sized cards!

http://www.markleveridgemagic.co.uk/ucf.php

remember though that Mark doesn't supply Childsplay or the routine - which remaians the property of rsvp. But he has a nice gesture that if you buy the Utopia Frame from rsvp, you can still purchase his VCD instructions for only 10 pounds extra! Great deal methinks!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-07-05 15:32, russ stevens wrote:
Hello Zomnie Magic,

Due to the high manufaturing costs, Utopia will only be available from ourselves and Mark Leveridge.

Best,
Russ

Thanks Russ for the update. Best of luck to you and your team with this stellar piece of magic!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
The photo gives it a nice hook.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

As promised, here is a complete performance of Mark James doing a signed card routine using Utopia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKM0m7PipfQ

Best,
Russ
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Quote:
On 2012-07-05 11:41, Christopher Congreave wrote:
I use an original one for my effect "childsplay" and it really really lifts the effect, but you have to use bridge sized cards, I'm so glad Russ has had these made I've ordered one straight away as they really are a great prop!

My mate Gary Jones has some cool routines with this prop, I think they are on the DVD?

Anyway, great work Russ, can't wait to get mine!

got mine today great prop well made ,must have been made recently as it still had new paint smell.
P.s doesn't come with gary's routine on the dvd tho.

Makes childs play even better in my opinion .

carl.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-07-06 06:36, russ stevens wrote:
Hello Everyone,

As promised, here is a complete performance of Mark James doing a signed card routine using Utopia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKM0m7PipfQ

Best,
Russ

Russ, I have a truckload of RSVP products and they have all been winners. May offer some constructive criticism on the demo? I'm just afraid other producers will see what you've done and start thinking they can do it also.

At the start of the demo, there were no annoying stop/start/stop/start actions, or cheap salesman text telling us how amazing it is. The camera was pulled so far back, that we could see what was happening. Perhaps have it so closer so that we can't even tell what the trick is?

You used a charismatic, professional performer. Perhaps get someone that has no actual experience working for real people so what we aren't distracted and can focus on a litany of distracting graphics?

With the new demo, please have a list of non-sense responses defending it and letting us know we're too stupid to appreciate the power of the effect!

Thanks for listening!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rsvp presents - The Utopia Card Frame (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL