The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Penny Gag. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magichadley
View Profile
New user
Dayton OH
38 Posts

Profile of magichadley
In a show a friend and I put on a couple months back. He had a kid from the audience take a penny and Squeeze it tight. He said some magic words over it and told the kid to put it under his pillow tonight and when he gets up it will be a dollar bill. The magician said Make Sure You Tell Your Dad what the magician said.

Hint Hint

Smile

Dad Goes Smile

Tim the Magic Man Hadley
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Yeah, that's a good bit. Devant used to do it way back when, and Lance Burton did it on one of his specials.

Aldo Colombini has a funny variation: "Put this under your pillow and tomorrow you'll have a tooth!"
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
magichadley
View Profile
New user
Dayton OH
38 Posts

Profile of magichadley
Now that would be a good trick.

Smile
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Love it! I saw the Lance Burton special also, and thought this would be great to add to a routine!

Steve
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
magichadley
View Profile
New user
Dayton OH
38 Posts

Profile of magichadley
Thanks for the replies

Tim Smile
Aedryan Methyus
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Aedryan Methyus
I close all of my private childrens shows with the old penny gag for a few different reasons worth pointing out.

I don't go out of my way to market kid shows so normally I don't give away magic sets or
"goody bags" but there are others in my area that use the goody bags as a marketing tool.

A lot of times when my phone rings for a kid show the first words out of the parents mouth is... "Do you give out goody bags"?
I reply by simply saying: "No I'm sorry I don't, you see I'm a magician and what I like to leave my audiences with is memories that will last them a lifetime and I do give each child something very special at the end of each performance".

So at the end of my kids shows I sit down on the floor with the kids after I've passed out all the pennies and I do the penny gag and the parents are hysterical when I tell them to be sure and tell their mom and dad what the magician told you.

Believe it or not there is another reason that I do this. Any of you that saw the Lance Burton special, probably remember him telling the kids that they have to say the magic words 3 times while rubbing the penny in order for it to work. (The kids always start yelling abracadabra and such)

I say... "nope that's not it" (which always makes the parents laugh) then I say, "repeat after me... Aedryan Methyus, Aedryan Methyus, Aedryan Methyus".

In doing that there is now a room full of people that have heard my name 4 extra times ensuring that they will remember my name.

There are other reasons that I do it as well but enough said on this subject. Bye for now...
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I am using that Smile that has so much potential!!! Repeating the name is a great addition.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
magichadley
View Profile
New user
Dayton OH
38 Posts

Profile of magichadley
Not only the kids enjoy this gag. The parents get a kick out of it too.

Magichadley
SloMo150
View Profile
Regular user
Speedway, Indiana
121 Posts

Profile of SloMo150
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Penny Gag, I think I can alter that to go with my bent penny routine. I love the Idea about repeating your name that has some great potential. Add that to my notebook of inspirational ideas.
Smile SloMo
Hey wanna see me pull a rabbit from my hat, (lion appears). I gotta get a new Hat.
MattSedlak
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of MattSedlak
Lance currently does it in his act. I think it is during his Miser's Dream routine but I could be wrong
Ray Eldard
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, AZ
90 Posts

Profile of Ray Eldard
I used to watch Gazzo do this bit all the time on the street in Santa Monica. As I remember it, Gazzo would vanish a silver coin he'd just given the child, then promise them anywhere from $5-$20 as he gave the parents an evil smile. I know it sounds a bit over the top, but I just chalk it up to being one of the many things only Gazzo could get away with.
lochmann4522
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lochmann4522
.. don´t forget to tell the kid and the spectators :
"If your parents really love you a magician will appear on your next birthday party..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Penny Gag. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL