The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Prospect Follow-Up Service for Kidshow Performers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimvines
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
161 Posts

Profile of jimvines
I'm a magician / online marketer, and I have an idea for a service that I think would be beneficial for working kidshow magicians, and was hoping some of you might be willing to take a moment to review this concept and give your feedback.

As an online marketer, I understand the value of building a database of prospects (i.e. parents), and giving away free content and fun things to them, to keep them engaged with my products and services. It seems to me that kidshow magicians could be leveraging this concept much more, but most are not.

As a magician, I understand what a pain in the neck it could be to create and regularly send out online magical resources for your prospects to enjoy... Who wants to hunt down easy free tricks, coloring pages, etc., and brand them with your logo and contact info, email those out to prospects every month? Sounds like a lot of work, even if it is worth it in terms of bookings!

But what if a kidshow magician could simply sign up for a monthly web service that would automatically take care of all that back-end work: The magician's website would prompt prospects to put in their contact details, and would then email them cool easy-to-do magic trick instructions from time to time, email them magic coloring pages, etc. (everything branded with your info), to keep them interested in magic, and most importantly keep them interested in YOU!

And... the best part... it would email the prospects a friendly sales type email approximately 4 – 6 weeks before the child's birthday, and would follow up again at pre-determined intervals, to get the booking when the prospect is starting to plan the party, etc.

I have a lot of detailed ideas for this, but first wanted to see if there's any interest in this kind of thing.

My goal would be to make it super-easy to implement: the magician would just have to copy and paste a few lines of code onto his Website or Facebook page, upload his logo/branding image, and the rest happens pretty much automatically!

Any feedback welcome!

My best,
Jim
Magic & Mentalism
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
I love the idea. Jack Turk currently offers a newsletter template each month. However you must customize it and send it out yourself. A newsletter that is on automatic pilot wounds appealing.

Here are the considerations for me:
1) monthly cost
2) could I include a personal article that I write each time or as often as I wish?
3) I think many working magicians already have a form to capture client contact info so as to generate a quote, etc. Could your service interface with already captured contact info, or could it accept an export from another client tracking db in a .csv or other type of file?
4) I'd want to preview what you will send...until my comfort level grew.
5) I'd need assurance that my contact list would be held confidential and not used by anyone else for any other purpose
6) The quality of the writing needs to be high...I'm generally careful about how I represent myself in writing so grammar is important.
7) The quality of the tricks shared needs to be age appropriate and be limited to things in the "public domain" so as not to disrespect contemporary creators of magic.
8) The graphics need to be professionally done....again quality.

That's all that immediately comes to mind.
jimvines
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
161 Posts

Profile of jimvines
Hey, Michael.

Thanks for your reply!

In answer to your questions...

1) monthly cost
I'm thinking $20 / mo. It would be a month-to-month deal, no contract required.

2) could I include a personal article that I write each time or as often as I wish?
Yes - there would be a template form to use for that, and then you could choose to send it immediately, or include it as part of the autoresponder series.

3) I think many working magicians already have a form to capture client contact info so as to generate a quote, etc. Could your service interface with already captured contact info, or could it accept an export from another client tracking db in a .csv or other type of file?
Yes - that's a great idea. Must be able to import existing contacts. However, to be Can-Spam compliant, the system would have to send a welcome message to the imported list, asking the subscribers to confirm their interest in being on the list.

4) I'd want to preview what you will send...until my comfort level grew.
Another great idea - absolutely. The system could send you the email, and wait for you to click a link in the email to approve it, before it goes out to your list.

5) I'd need assurance that my contact list would be held confidential and not used by anyone else for any other purpose
Yes, of course.

6) The quality of the writing needs to be high...I'm generally careful about how I represent myself in writing so grammar is important.
100% agreed. In addition to being able to approve messages before they go out, you'd also be able to log in and review messages in the autoresponder sequence anytime.

7) The quality of the tricks shared needs to be age appropriate and be limited to things in the "public domain" so as not to disrespect contemporary creators of magic.
Yep - that's right. I agree about using only public domain material. And the parent would be able to input the child's age when they sign up, to ensure that the materials are age appropriate.

8) The graphics need to be professionally done....again quality.
Definitely. Again this is covered by #4 and #6 above.

Thanks again for your comments and let me know if you have any other ideas/suggestions/questions.

My best,
Jim
Magic & Mentalism
montygoodrum
View Profile
New user
Texas
52 Posts

Profile of montygoodrum
Hi Jim,
I think you are on to something. Definitely a good idea. Something that I know would interest me as a kid performer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Prospect Follow-Up Service for Kidshow Performers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL