The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Three-ball Gospel Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Preacherman
View Profile
New user
Montana, where I've facetiously added
66 Posts

Profile of Preacherman
I am looking to purchase Andre Kole's Three-ball Gospel Illusion and had a couple of questions...

For use as a sermon illustration in a sanctuary about 45' wide and about 70' long:

1) do you think the 4" balls would be visual enough or should I go for the stage sized 7" set?
2) is the stand a better presentation than without? I've seen a Youtube video of the routine done with the skewer & stand and a routine done where the balls are threaded onto a rope...just can't decide if the extra money for the stand is necessary if the rope routine has just as much kick.

We're having a special service in September and are encouraging folks to invite unsaved friends and family to join us. I'll be preaching on freedom from sin. Last year I incorporated an escape from chains, this year thinking that I'll use the Three-ball routine. Any other recommended routines?

Thanks.

JD
"The right hand is, of course, the hand with the thumb to the left side." Fred Kaps

"A little magic now and then never hurts" Grandpa Munster
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
I have both sizes and after obtaining the larger set with the stand, it's all I've used (with the exception of taking the smaller size on a missions trip as it packed smaller)
The larger size with the stand will allow you to play in any sized room with out needing audience volunteers to either hold the rope or the rod (sometimes using volunteers for your final effect before giving a salvation invitation can be distracting)

I will say however, when on the missions trip, I used the smaller 4" ball set in front of a crowd of 500 kids and it went over well.

Ok - so, maybe I'm torn as to which one is better... I still like the bigger one with the stand.
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of magicman812
I only have the larger stand/set and it works great and I really like it. However, I will say as a word of caution that it is fairly large and takes up quite a bit of space. Not a huge problem but just something to think about before you make your purchase. For my performing needs, I probably could have gotten by with the smaller set. Either way, it is a great visual way of clearing explaining the Gospel!

Blessings,
Andy
Preacherman
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Preacherman
Thanks guys. I'm definately leaning toward the larger set. I've seen a performance with the balls on a rope rather than the rod and placed on the stand - so now I'm trying to decide: stand or no stand.

I don't do shows, per se, so packing isn't really an issue - but cost is something that I'm trying to keep down.

If you've seen (or performed) this with and without the stand can anyone lend some insight into pros and cons of each way?

In order to ensure that I have the trick in time, I think I want to order in just a couple of days.
"The right hand is, of course, the hand with the thumb to the left side." Fred Kaps

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have a set (4") with stand but I think it is other than Kole. I'll sell it for "not much" is you are interested -- and can dig it out for photos if there is any interest.

I acquired this for a Minister freind who had no problem perforing it for a congegation of 150
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
MagicBob does the Andre' Kole Three Ball Illustration at the 15 minute mark on Now That's Magic! #1 found at http://www.ChristianMagician.org I have all three versions of the trick- small, medium and large. My super large set (giant Nerf type balls) does not have a stand even- so not as easy to operate as it is a little tricky to pull the middle ball off the rod with the cross while holding the metal rod with the other hand. So I prefer the mid-sized set that still comes with a wooden holder/stand. Andre' himself uses a giant set in his own program, but has his own custom built stand for it if I recall. I also thought, and I could be mistaken on this, the two remaining balls in his stage set magically come together at the end of the routine (so he does not push them together with his hands).
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
FYI: Andre's personal web site is found at http://www.andrekole.org His products (including the Three Ball Illustration) can be found for sale under "Resources" at http://www.andrekoleministry.com
Preacherman
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Preacherman
Funsway,

I'll send you a PM and we'll talk about the set you would be willing to sell.

JD

Magicforim
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Magicforim
I don't get this. It looks so see thru, I have a hard time "believing" it. It just looks like a sponge ball with a slit in it so you pull it through the bar. Can you show the balls as ungaffed before the trick? If not, it just seems so – not magical. It's a good illustration, but do you really get ooohs and ahhhhs from the crowd when you do it? Or do they just sit there saying, "so the guy pulled a sponge ball with a slit in it off the bar. Big deal. I admit that I don't know for sure how this trick is done, but without handing the balls out for inspection, it just seems like everyone is going to come to the same conclusion; thinking they know how it works, even if they don't – which is just as bad.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The thing about this "illustration" that is most important is the content- I saw it used by very effectively by Mr. Sharpe of Operation Mobilization, as just one example. I have done it several times at the Kalamazoo Gospel Mission- it holds people's attention while explaining the basics of the Gospel. That being said, I still had several people wonder "how I did it" last time used it at the KGM. MagicBob has used it in India for years. So again, it is not a stunner/unbelievable magic trick, but more of an evangelistic tool.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
From the stage the balls do not appear to be soft it really looks quite good, I had thought of purchasing one at one time but came up with my own process & method.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Three-ball Gospel Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL