The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Midwest Magic Jubilee 2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cmyers
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of cmyers
Who is going to the Midwest Magic Jubilee? It is always a great time and you get so much for your money.

Chas
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I'll be there!
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Me too!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
See you all there! Gonna be a blast!!
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
That was a GREAT convention last time I went. However, I tought that one had been cancelled? What conventions are no longer? I searched for a few and could not find many that I KNOW I read about
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Midwest Magic Jubilee isn't cancelled. Still going strong! Convention starts in 4 days and looks to be a great time!!!
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
It was a great time. Met some new friends and saw some old friends and that's what it's all about.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Chris Capehart ("Master Magician!") was stupendous! I am SO glad to have seen him work! The way he performs challenge magic without alienating the audience is remarkable. He owned that room! Loved his lecture, too. After returning home I pulled out the deliciously long Dec 2008 Genii cover story on him and enjoyed it again. He gained a giant fan.

Chris Randall was also great, and he was busy: Thursday MC, Friday night show closer followed by late-night lecture, Saturday close-up show. He was a highlight in every role. Strong, well-constructed magic with routining and delivery honed on the street in Las Vegas where the audience is free to walk away at any moment -- great lessons in keeping and building interest and focus.

Scott Alexander brought a very active drunk guy up on stage for Cards Across. Watching that situation unfold without ruining the trick (or the act) was captivating.

My wife attended her first convention and had a great time. She outspent me in the dealers' room!
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Michael Finney's lecture and performance were also standout items. In the lecture he shared personal history, then dissected his act and spoke to the purpose of each piece. 6 Card Repeat is his opener not for the magic, but to introduce himself and connect with the audience. Etc. He went through his Lady Rope routine line by line and interaction by interaction. Focus was about 10% mechanics and 90% on presentation. Why was each line there? How did it develop? How does it build to be funny? It was beautiful.

He was warm, friendly and very generous with his presence.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Midwest Magic Jubilee 2012 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL