The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Key bending, (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Greg,

Thank you very much for your help and comments. I will certainly purchase Mr. Marks' "Mind Warp" even though Key Warp does seem similar to the key bending routine in Archangel.

Best regards,

MI

P.S. Although I will take your advice and get the book, I doubt if anyone is going to give me their house keys if I am naked. But hey...you never know.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I've only had this happen once, but about 2 weeks ago I had a spectator say "oh yeah I used to do that when I was a kid, you just **** **** *** **** and press" regarding the Richard Key Warper.

The response was about the same to doing the 21 card trick or a "one-ahead" mind reading billet trick ending with the choice between 18 or 81, heh... Like it was the simplest kids trick in the world.

I don't know what he was like as a kid, but watch out for these freaks of nature Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2004-08-10 11:29, magicinsight wrote:
Sven,

I would appreciate it if you can specify, if possible, what doe you mean by reconstructing the Bavli gimmick. Even with the modification, do you still prefer Key Warp? Can you PM me with the details.

Again, without going into specifics, is the Key Warp similar in concept to the key bending effect in Archangel?

Thank you again.

Best regards,

MI

I've never heard of the Archangel method, but I do know Richard came up with it in the 70s so I believe he was the first to put it out.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Richard's method is my favorite. It can be done anytime anywhere and I never ever have a problem finding the gimmick on the spectator themselves.

Richard's method has creeped into many others work and even seen print with no credit at all. That is a shame. As a result, I asked Richard if I could show it on my DVD's. Thankfully and kindly he agreed.

To me, Richard's method is far superior in the fact the gimmick is invisible and not something you can get caught with or have to ditch in some way.

I would suggest getting Richard's book mind warp for more of his great thinking.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2004-08-10 11:29, magicinsight wrote:
Sven,

Even with the modification, do you still prefer Key Warp?

Absolutely!! I have seen pretty many key bends, and up to now and to me, nothing beats Key Warper.

Quote:
Again, without going into specifics, is the Key Warp similar in concept to the key bending effect in Archangel?

Even though I have seen the add at Hocus Pocus' (I guess) I know nothing about it.

Sven
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
If it is good enough for Banachek.... I also agree with Banachek that if the key bending method used in the Archangel routine is the exact same method as originated by Richard Mark and detailed in his book, "Mind Warp', then it is a shame that it was used without Mr. Mark's permission and that Mr. Mark was not given credit for it in the Archangel's manuscript. If a person has the ingenuity to create a practical and original new concept, that person's idea should not be stolen and should be given full and complete credit for it if it is used by someone else.

Best regards,

MI
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Just want to make it clear, I did not say it was the same and did not even know it might be questioned as such till the post by MI. But if it is, that is indeed a shame. I have seen Richards method used in other books and shown with no credit.
Banachek
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
Banachek, did Randi happen upon this method independently of Richard Mark?
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Steve, you would have to ask Randi about that, I have no clue.
Banachek
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
O.K., thanks, I'll email him and ask. As far as I know Randi first published it in his 1975 book "The Magic of Uri Geller", does anyone here know when Richard first released it?
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2003-10-17 14:46, magickdabid--uk wrote:
Okay, so you have just done your best key bending routine, & the owner say's, I lied, I do need that key, would you be so kind as to use your psychic powers to bend it back!. What would you do?.

Dave.

It takes a lot of energy to bend metal and I am usually too tired to repeat the effect let alone bend it back.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Key bending, (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL