The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The new bell from Nick Wenger (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I don't think this has been discussed here yet. The new Wenger Spirit Bell: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=218&0
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
MagicWGH
View Profile
Regular user
Covington, LA
165 Posts

Profile of MagicWGH
So when, where and how much on availability??
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I think this was posted here,several months ago,if not close to a year.
Then it was moved to 'Latest and Greatest' at the time. There is a couple of post on it there! You may be able to find in the Café 'Search'!
There was a few comments made on her,when she was here the first time!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Sorry if I've reposted, but couldn't find the original post. Seems that some chats on products remain whilst others vanish. I think this product, which is aimed at bizarrists, belongs here as much as any other.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
That is true...post vanish,here! Not,as much as they use to,though!

I think a lot of that,was with not having a Banner!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Oh, I see.... So does that mean we can only talk about products created by those who pay for a banner? A bit of a naff reason if you ask me. I thought the banner ad was what was paid for, not the right to be the main topic of conversation in every thread.

It'd be a bit of a boring place if that stayed in force for any real length of time too. Which in turn would drive people away and therefore any form of advertising would then be pointless.

Nope, a board where people can talk freely about their creations is a much better place I think. And to move a product out of the area where those interested in it will see it is even more obscure.

Bizarre props should be discussed in the bizarre area. Otherwise how else you gonna find what you need? When the search function here allowed for a full forum search it wasn't quite so bad, but when you have to pick an area things need to be kept in an obvious place!

Anyway, I'd be interested in a review of this....
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Not at all!
I think anyone can post about a vendor! Talk about a Vendor! Talk about a product!
I think it is when a vendor,makes a post about himself,trying to sell his wares!
If a vendor makes a profit,is it so wrong he should have to pay to play?
Again,that was only about the ones who came on here posting to sell their own goods!
I am glad to see new items posted about! I do myself...but,I am not a vendor trying to get free advertisement either!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I disagree.

Personally I think that anyone should be able to post about anything if it's relevant to the area of The Café it's posted in.

Money pays for ad banners. But I don't think that should have any bearing on who posts what. Creators should be free to talk about their creations.

Anyway, we digress from the point of the thread.......
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
OK,we agree to disagree! Smile
My first post was to direct,MagicWGH,to a place that may have given him some info,on his posted question.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Maybe Nick could chime in with more info on this?
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Going back to your original question, Nick's new Spirit Bell From Hell looks awesome. And, while I don't own it (yet!), the reviews I've read have been overwhelmingly positive. Like Nick's first spirit bell (which I do have, and adore), this bell can be assembled by the spectator, and the props are deceivingly simple and innocent. But beware, the innocence brings mischief...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Each bell is handcrafted from oak and brass. Depending on how my day is going they can take anywhere from 6 - 8 hours to build (That time will get shorter as I build more and get into a groove.). The rod that holds the bell takes almost 2 hours of lathe and milling machine work itself. The bell looks very simple but there is a lot going on in that simple design.

Just to set the record straight, Godzilla is correct, I originally posted pictures and a video clip back in 12/20/11:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
The reason for posting was that I just completed the prototype and was excited about sharing it with people that share my same interest. Never once did I mention price or availability, in fact, it was no where near that stage in the building process. If you compare the pictures on 12/20/11 and the ones posted recently you will be able to spot subtle differences in the design. It took almost 3 months after the original design to make it the finished product it is today.

Thanks,
Nick
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Nick,does do some awesome work!

Gary
MagicWGH
View Profile
Regular user
Covington, LA
165 Posts

Profile of MagicWGH
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the info. I was able to get an answer to my question through a PM. The spirit bell looks awesome. I hope to be able to purchase on in the future. Looks well worth it!
Winston
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Thanks for the nice comments!

Nick
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Here is a brief review of the Bell.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=7636036

Nick
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
I received some PM's asking about the cord. The cord can be activated to burst into flames anytime the performer desires.

Thanks,
Nick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The new bell from Nick Wenger (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL