The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Paul Daniels Calculator (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
The one and only Paul Daniels has just released a new App for IPhone and IPad . Looks interesting and is demonstrated by Paul and Debbie here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBIDSrQXfHw&sns=em

I've just looked on the App store and only the iPad app is available at the moment. I assume the iPhone version will appear very shortly.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
The way he uses it is nice but I can achieve the same effect with just the standard free iphone calculator. Still curious what this would do 'more'.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Can't say I am that Impressed !
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
On 2012-08-05 05:49, Bietfriek wrote:
The way he uses it is nice but I can achieve the same effect with just the standard free iphone calculator. Still curious what this would do 'more'.

You can do 3 different predictions in a row - without taking the phone back at any time.
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Thanks David! Just looked at the appstore and now they also have a version for the iPhone...
Still don't know what to do..it's cheap and the fact you can do 3 reveals after each other is nice.
But it's an app...and I do not have an application for using 3 reveals.
Adam Agic
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Adam Agic
I use this all the time I ask the spectator for a ten pound note or a bill and get them to sign it I put it in there hand or use a paper clip then I give them the calculator and they can type lots of numbers in or hand it out to other people and hit equals that will give them a six digit number you then tell them to look at there bill or note and the number matches I have had some amazing reactions for this effect and I carry a few bill or notes in my pocket so I can do it again I undertsnand people our worried about it and yes you can use a calculator off another phone but that takes a little time to fiddle where with this you can just do it anytime and they can take phone off you and you never touch it again plus its only 69p so your not loosing out if you don't like it but try it on a few people see if you get reactions like I do with it and if you don't then you only lost 69p great trick Mr Daniels love it
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
From what I can see the phone can't be turned on its side and so it's probably better to use the real iPhone calc. The streets app listed in the demo video looks like it was a great app in 2011 but alas like many other great magic apps it appears to have been abandoned by its creator.
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
I have issue at app size cant match with iPhone 5 , any one has this problem ?
mimesis-magic
View Profile
New user
Mississippi <---> Phoenix
10 Posts

Profile of mimesis-magic
One of the key functions of the app is that after the outcome of the 3 pre-loaded numbers, the calculator resets to normal functioning mode.

This feature can be used as a subtle CONVINCER that the "smart phone" didn't "do" the magic.

> Prior to performance, you would input your pre-loaded numbers: Number1 , Number2 & Number3 and your prediction would be the grand-total of the 3 pre-loaded numbers. Your prediction is written on the front side of your business card.

> During the performance, each of the three spectators would input their random numbers and do the various computations and then write down their outcomes (numbers) per spectator, on the backside of your business card. Of course, each outcome will be one of the pre-loaded numbers.

> The fourth spectator would add these pre-loaded numbers to get a grand total. At this point the calculator is in normal mode and will add the numbers "honestly" and the true grand-total will match your prediction.

> The business card would be given to the spectators as a souvenir --- concrete mathametical proof that no trickery was involved.

--- Provided by me and Snug.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have just got this and it really is very good and for the price it is better then some apps I have paid a lot more for,excellent I will be using this.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Waste of money. Even at $1.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I've contacted the developer for this app. He's currently in struggle on developing the app. So, if someone interested to help. Please contact him. The app is one of incredible calculator app in the business, IMHO.

daniltan
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Peformed this yesterday for a bunch of student's 3 tapped in 3 double number's,1 = them up and then another student rung the number,they went mental,lol,the guy could not beleive I got his number,which is fairly easy to get as I am staff and I do train them from time to time.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Sorry I got to say this ,i done the same today,wow they went crazy,wish they went as mad as when I do my card stuff,lol,this rock's in the right hands and for the price you gotta be nut's not to try it,may well be better the less you know about this one the better,but I just love to share the love.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Paul Daniels Calculator (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL