The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Catalog from the early 1960s? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danhughes
View Profile
Regular user
Champaign, IL
115 Posts

Profile of danhughes
I remember sending off for a magic catalog in maybe 1962, from an ad in a magazine (or comic book?). I had to send in a dime (maybe a quarter?), and I'm thinking maybe the word "Vic" was in the title, and it came from somewhere in the northeast.

I'd like to find a copy of that catalog for old times' sake, but I'm afraid I don't have enough information to go on. Hoping this info might ring a bell for someone here.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Does this look close to what you remember, Dan?
http://image.timepassagesnostalgia.com/w......wson.jpg
or this
http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5162713......2640.jpg

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
danhughes
View Profile
Regular user
Champaign, IL
115 Posts

Profile of danhughes
YES! THE TOP ONE!

Sonny, how in the WORLD did you do that?? Thanks so much!

I don't think I ever ordered anything from that catalog (Johnson Smith sold many of the same items, but Johnson Smith's prices were always substantially lower), but I loved looking at it!
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
That particular catalog pops up on a popular auction site (that I can't mention) quite frequently. I may have two I'll look in my collection but if I spot it I'll let you know. You can PM me for the name of the auction site if you want.
The guys name was Vic Lawston
RayRannala
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
32 Posts

Profile of RayRannala
I ordered a levitating glass of water in either 1963 or 4 and was deeply disappointing that it employed the same method of "do you want to see it float visibly or invisibly " gag used in the die box ( had no idea what that was at the time). Spent weeks reading and re reading the catalogue to make a purchase decision. As a kid I had an extremely limited budget 😄. Only performed it once for my parents.

Didn't order from a catalog for many many years.

That said, I still loved reading the catalog over and over again.

Great memory!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Catalog from the early 1960s? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL