The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New Stage Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brad Sheppard
View Profile
New user
Rogers, Arkansas
69 Posts

Profile of Brad Sheppard
I'm putting together a small 35-45 min stage show for a funeral director's association meeting in December. I'm trying to work up an act that will combine mystery and comedy. I would like to have high and low points/ combining comedy audience participation with a few small illusions. Here is what I am thinking:
1. Manipulation Routine to music (silks, cards, billiard balls)
2. Cardiographic
3. Anderson's Newspaper Tear
4. Comedy Confabulation
5. Lester Lake Chopper
6. Losander Floating Table - to music
7. Straight Jacket Escape

What do you guys think about the effects and/or the order? Do you have suggestions for substitutions, additions, or subtractions? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brad
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
The routining is pretty good. The newspaper tear is a good "finish" to the first part of your act - a single prop with a "BAM" ending. After this you want to put something unique, so I would make the floating table #4.

Is your straight jacket a serious routine or a comedy routine? If it's serious, put it after the comedy confabulation. Then finish with the chopper as a closer. If it's a comedy routine and you feel it's a strong closer, do the confabulation, chopper, and straight jacket in that order.

This looks like a very well thought out and entertaining show. I'd pay money to see it myself!

These are just my opinions based on my show routining - I'm sure you'll hear much more (and different opinions) from different performers.

Jim
Brad Sheppard
View Profile
New user
Rogers, Arkansas
69 Posts

Profile of Brad Sheppard
Jim, Thanks for your input. What do you think about substituting the Straight Jacket with the Suit Jacket Escape as a closer? My only concern is that most of my effects involve audience participation (cardiographic, confabulation, chopper, escape). Should I put in something else that does not involve an assistant? Perhaps something to music.... any suggestions?
Thanks Again

Brad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New Stage Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL