The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Snug tuck box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kotrozo
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of kotrozo
Just wanted to post about my newest acquisition, the snug tuck box made and sold by mimesis magic. I waited until I got my copy of the new sankey book, which includes his pandora box, so I could compare. the snug box is fantastic. it does not have a "rattle" built-in like the pandora box or kane's box (which can be found in DeSouza's Deceptions). however, a rattle could easily be added (using the design from either of these two gimmicks, for example). the thing about the snug box is that you can show both sides before and after the load and the box can be used as a normal box. it can't be examined but I really doubt that matters. its really a simple and excellent design (however, you probably wouldn't ever think up his design. when I first saw it I thought, "how simple" yet I wouldn't have come up with this design in a million years! and even after seeing it, it still would be a lot of work to make as precisely as mimesis magic. I would suggest buying this in a heartbeat if you want to do a ring/coin/etc in card box routines.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
If I understand correctly, the newest design of Bicycle card boxes can't be used, only the older version will work because of the pattern on the back side of the box. The back side of the older version box displays the same design as on the cards themselves.
perceptions
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of perceptions
The Snug Tuck box comes in both the classic style and the newer style tuck boxes. The classic style is on the website (www.mimesis-magic.com), yet the new style is currently available when requested through an email.

There's an additional cost for the new style.

Trust me, if you were pleased with the design of the classic style, you'll smile even more when seeing the "work" on the new style ---think, SPADES.
2thepoint
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of 2thepoint
I have the classic style and both standard styles (Red box-blue spade & Blue Box-red spade) of the snug card boxes.
The main method is used with all 3 styles but there is a variation of the method per style. The variations can be viewed as a study in how the creator/maker creatively overcame the issues in design patterns particularly the challenge of a white background vs. a busy background. As Kotrozo mentioned, I too wouldn't have thought how to design the method for the classic version and then knowing the method, I wouldn't have been successful (because I did try) in making the standard style design work. I tip my top hat to Mr. Evans.
kotrozo
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of kotrozo
I was not aware of the "new" box version when I originally ordered. I just now placed an order for one (the new style tuck box) because I LOVE the original style that I already have. I also received the snug and snug slo-mo cards, the hollow deck, and the MDCC box. I can't say enough about how amazing these products are! the hollow deck (can be used to hide a large PK magnet, for example) is awesome. it is threaded together so the whole deck moves freely. the MDCC box could be used for a ton of things. the snug cards are just fun to play with and amuse yourself and would be great if incorporated into a routine.

I just placed another order for some card through window cards, a new style tuck box, and the pen book. I know I'm new here and there's no reason my opinion would mean anything to anyone, but that aside, I really think you can't go wrong with this stuff. and btw, I have no affiliation with the company and I don't know shawn, the owner, except from corresponding with questions before ordering. I stumbled on this web site months ago and sort of forgot about it. I'm so glad I revisited it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Snug tuck box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL