The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Teaching Via Skype (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
I've started giving lessons via Skype and have set up a website specific to that endeavor.
It's focused strictly on learning Sleight of Hand and includes a blog that's in it's initial
stage. The site is purposely minimalist so readers can focus on the text-- the blog will be
the same way.

Check it out here!

If you'd like to benefit from my experience (and scars!), there's plenty of contact links
so you can email me!

And by the way-- I don't care WHERE you are in the world... if you learn from me,
I'll get my butt up at 3:00 A.M. in order to meet your schedule, if need be! Smile

Hope you enjoy taking a look!

SEY
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Steve, I watched those four animations and my sleights immediately improved! Smile
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
379 Posts

Profile of Vincero
Hi all,

I'd just like to add that Steven's an excellent teacher. Everybody around here with an ounce of common sense already knows that though.

For a long time now, he's been offering up free skype sessions. After just one, I felt like I'd robbed the guy of a fortune. In reality though, it wasn't that bad; I'd just robbed him of first-hand knowledge, experitse, and generosity instead. To me, he's a giant in the world of card magic. A giant without the usual "big-me-up" stature to match.

Again, Steven's an excellent teacher - I hope that lots of people take him up on this offer.

Best wishes,

Zac
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
Angel1998
View Profile
Regular user
Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam
184 Posts

Profile of Angel1998
Hi !

I can tell you guy this thing: "Steven Youell is one of the best card teacher I ever seen before !!! Smile ). I think everybody should take a lesson with him via Skype !!! It's worth !!! Smile Smile

I just knew Steven about 3 months ago Smile But after saw he did some card techniques. I was fooled Smile If you guy just take the first lesson with him. I promise you guy will be better in card magic ( Your card handling, techniques, etc). Steven is very funny guy, great sense of humor and has a great card handling Smile

Finally, TAKE A LESSON WITH STEVEN YOUELL Smile He's one of the best card teacher Smile

Good luck and kind regards,

Kenny !!
1tepa1
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of 1tepa1
Quote:
On 2012-08-12 05:43, Vincero wrote:
Hi all,

I'd just like to add that Steven's an excellent teacher. Everybody around here with an ounce of common sense already knows that though.

For a long time now, he's been offering up free skype sessions. After just one, I felt like I'd robbed the guy of a fortune. In reality though, it wasn't that bad; I'd just robbed him of first-hand knowledge, experitse, and generosity instead. To me, he's a giant in the world of card magic. A giant without the usual "big-me-up" stature to match.

Again, Steven's an excellent teacher - I hope that lots of people take him up on this offer.

Best wishes,

Zac

I have to second this. I too had a few lessons from Steven and it was fantastic.
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Well worth any card magician (beginner to expert) to spend some time with Steve. One of the best.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On 2012-08-12 15:08, CharlieC wrote:
Well worth any card magician (beginner to expert) to spend some time with Steve. One of the best.

Absolutely.
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
I appreciate all the kind words guys-- I really didn't expect it.
And for the record, I did not ask or solicit for any of these people to post...

SEY
Billy-one
View Profile
Inner circle
IOWA
1028 Posts

Profile of Billy-one
All,

Just to pile on....SEY is a beast with a deck of cards! I think he (Mr. Youell) should be considered atop of the heap when we (card guys) talk about teachers, practicioners, and overall ability with a deck of cards......dont be the guy that doesn't get SEY's help (not solicited).

Billy
Ruairidh
View Profile
Regular user
London
200 Posts

Profile of Ruairidh
Content aside...the web design is really nice.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2012-08-13 13:59, Ruairidh wrote:
Content aside...the web design is really nice.

+1, website looks fantastic!
1tepa1
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of 1tepa1
Quote:
On 2012-08-13 11:18, Steven Youell wrote:

SEY

I can speak only for myself, but yes, Steven did not ask me to post anything.

The great thing is that yes, Steven can help you to learn sleights, but he can also help you to find and develop your performing persona and the way you should present the tricks.

Also when he says that "don't do this", or "don't do it that way" he is able to tell you with solid arguments and reasoning why you shouldn't do it that way, and what you should do instead.
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Quote:
On 2012-08-12 09:48, Angel1998 wrote:
Hi !

I can tell you guy this thing: "Steven Youell is one of the best card teacher I ever seen before !!! Smile ). I think everybody should take a lesson with him via Skype !!! It's worth !!! Smile Smile

I just knew Steven about 3 months ago Smile But after saw he did some card techniques. I was fooled Smile If you guy just take the first lesson with him. I promise you guy will be better in card magic ( Your card handling, techniques, etc). Steven is very funny guy, great sense of humor and has a great card handling Smile

Finally, TAKE A LESSON WITH STEVEN YOUELL Smile He's one of the best card teacher Smile

Good luck and kind regards,

Kenny !!

I know Kenny and can tell you he's quite genuine, and judging by his card skills he's learning some quality stuff from Mr Youell.
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On 2012-08-13 11:18, Steven Youell wrote:

SEY

What I said before it's my opinion, Steven don't ask me to write anything, if you want to grow as a card magician you have here a great opportunity to learn with one of the best. Try it. Smile
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Vasilis
View Profile
Regular user
Greece
146 Posts

Profile of Vasilis
Just to add something only for the progress of the debate. Mr Youell's lessons are not exclusively addressed to English speakers students. Besides, Magic, as years go, is now an international language. Your English, if any, is quite enough to get the help that fits your situation, no matter the level your english knowledge reaches. As a matter of fact, in my case, he was willing enough even to...learn greek, if that could be a help for me!

Catch the opportunity, guys. You can only have benefits from this offer...This also will be your chance to meet a really good and generous man, trust me...

Vasilis
1tepa1
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of 1tepa1
If you want to be trained by an expert of almost any art (or sport or whatever), I believe you would have to pay way more than what Steven is offering.
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
379 Posts

Profile of Vincero
For the record, Steven didn't ask any of us to come over here and give him the heads up. If you can afford the $80 then it's money well spent - no question. And his pricing is definately comptitivie in comparison to what his contemporaries charge... A quick search will reveal that.

Best,

Zac
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Steven Youell is a top of the line professional. I have viewed numerous clips that he has shared freely on this site. They were very well presented in a very professional manner. Anyone can buy a DVD for approximately $35.00 to learn magic. HOWEVER... the thirty five dollars does not give you one on one professional instruction and mentorship.

This has not been solicited nor do I gain anything from promoting Mr. Steven Youell.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Teaching Via Skype (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL