The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Opening hands in coins across (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
The positioning of both hands can be critical for the showing also.

consider the practiced moves where when one hand is displayed open palm the other hand is pointing to it with fingers casually open. When the othe rhand is displayed the positions are reversed.

Now, depending one need and desired impression, with proper sleights you can give the impression of a single coin being passed over while concealing a second, a coin in each hand, or no coin at all. Thus, several different Effects can be designed/orchestrated depending on which hand is opened first.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Either hand can be opened first depending on the routine. I don't think it matters too much.

I used to open the receiving hand first but just lately have been working on a 'Slo-Mo Invisible Coins Across' where the coin leaves the hand invisibly & when it's half way across I reveal it's left the hand for the non-believers. Then it's shown or heard to arrive in the other hand.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2012-08-23 09:08, Russell Davidson wrote:
Either hand can be opened first depending on the routine. I don't think it matters too much...

Yep, I sorta see it that way myself as to this. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
My first thoughts were it does matter, but more related to
1. The routine
2. The emotion at that time in the routine
3. Character portrayed
4. Music and or tempo used
5. Joke used
6. Why the joke is being used

and sometimes...with all honestly...
I don't pay attention and let my hands/brains and audience guide me at that moment.

Harris
staying green to grow..and now and zen I get it write
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
I depends. For example, I do a version were after the second coin has traveled with sound, I open the sending hand and drop the coins on the table or specs hand, I retrieve them and prep for a HCP with both coins. I then reveal the receiving hand, do a HCP with both coins. Then I will reveal the next coin has gone with sound and hide the extra coin or not reveal the physical coin at all, it depends on the specs. Finally the last, sound receiver reveal and finally the sender empty.

Otherwise I usually reveal the sending hand first, no particular reason it just seem natural to me.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
^ manreb, EXACTLY what I've been doing!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
mehdielamri
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mehdielamri
Hi , this is my coin across , I use it every time , and I have great reactions .
just 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nmG81JmYFc
Women are magical ... so I became a magician.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Opening hands in coins across (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL