The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » "Mindreader Wallet" Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
benrl
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of benrl
My understanding is that there are two generations of inserts. Problems arise when you've puchased the wallet from a dealer who still has the first generation in stock. A call to Magic Makers gets a fast replacement. It then works perfectly!
adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
Didn't Tenyo's "Mindscanner" precede the TT - or was it a cooperative effort. Of course, before either, I heard of an earlier, custom made device in a white covered hardback book. Very clever, using less-than-current micro electronics.
"Unlike the mere Conjuror, the Mentalist reaches into that space which a hat normally covers. And from there, he withdraws something more fleeting - and at times, far fuzzier - than any rabbit"
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Adolphus! very well said!
You just stopped the fun I had trying to convince the
non believers....that maybe, it originated in China from an unknown magician....Who knows? did it? LOL
Gerard
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings:
Adolphus is right about a light device being in a book much earlier, and before that in the 1940's Nelson Enterprises in Columbus, ohio released a light unit that worked on two double AA batteries built into a stack of envelopes.
Supreme magic also had a unit that was made in a secretary style wallet that once opened the window on the right lower side was where the card was placed face down. Just before you closed the wallet, a squeeze and a light gave you a peek thru the card as well. I believe it was Ken deCourcy who suggested in that model, to place the card in an envelope (being that British envelopes are actually much thinner than U.S. envelopes). I sat in Edwin's office while he showed it to me, and my only comment back then was that the back of the wallet could not be shown due to the batteries in a holder attached to the back.
How nice it is to be able to use such a thin light unit as available on todays market.
All the Best
Marty
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
I have the Mind Reader Wallet and it is very nice. However, I find myself using the small, O'Connell No Palm Wallet for the same type of effect. The spectator places the slip into the zippered compartment of the wallet, and you get the necessary information as you place the wallet on a table or in your shirt pocket.
Richard
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hi Ron Crumley, you must have the wallet by now! I think you will find this idea of mine to be quite helpful.
1. Set-up your wallet by inserting ONE paper sheet from the writing pad into the window section of your opened wallet...makes it more deceptive!
2. insert a blank playing card with a magical symbol on the blank side, in the outside window compartment. (you can glue, a paper magical symbol on the blank side of the card) I glue a symbol on the other side of an old drivers licence.

It's a perfect excuse to take the card, or drivers license out of the window section and have the spec concentrate on the magical symbol while their thinking of a name, symbol, or number etc. before writing it down!
Hoping all owners of the "Mind Reader Wallet" will find this helpful.
Gerard
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
Thanks Gerard!

Yes, I received the wallet and can see your ideas working even before I get the wallet out of my case. Using the symbol(s) on a card opens several possibilities.

Thanks for your help.
- Ron
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I generally hate the idea of supporting knock offs.

Usually they are of a far poorer quality, however it seems that with the Mindreader Wallet this is surprisingly NOT the case.

I do not own the MR wallet, but I do own the TT, however it died a few months back and I do not feel it is worth the $20 for a replacement battery. IMO, that is beyond a rip off.

In the mean time I have been working on rebuilding it with a different actual business card type wallet and a different, far more easily replaceable, battery.

However, having just discovered the MR Wallet, I may not need to. Does anyone know if the battery pack is the same type of battery in the MR as with TT?

I may still wish to continue to re-build my TT so as to simply not support the knock off, but it still sounds like a far superior design for the wallet itself.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Does anyone actually believe that this product is better than the Outlaw or are these simply old posts that have not been updated? There are no suspicious moves whatsoever with latter. The peek is perfectly natural and easy.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
My problem with most peek wallets is that they are like regular wallets.

I don't mean that looking normal is a bad thing, but that putting the specs written thoughts into your wallet makes no sense.

However, something like a notepad or business card wallet is perfect, especially when you have them write on your business cards.

Mind you I have no idea what the Outlaw looks like.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Is this the same as http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2281 ?

Thanks.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » "Mindreader Wallet" Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL