The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kids show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mago verza
View Profile
Regular user
kanagawa - japan
103 Posts

Profile of mago verza
Hello to everybody! I don't know if this is the better section to post this but...
I'm going to perfor in next months a show for kids I would like to ask a good routine for kids and also some good DVD suggestions about planning and doing magic show for kids (it's not on stage). Thank you very much in advance!
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
Check stuff by BJ Hickman, Silly Billy, and David Ginn.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Ditto - get Silly Billy's book or DVD "Seriously Silly"

Jim
mago verza
View Profile
Regular user
kanagawa - japan
103 Posts

Profile of mago verza
Thank you very much for your answers I will definally check out this dvds!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Kiddin Around - Chris Capehart.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Also, check out the "Sticky Threads" at the top of this section. Gold mine of information.
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Definetly Silly Billy, also, checkout 'The Great Zuchinni' & his DVD "kidshow rockstar"
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Chory
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Chory
What is the magic trick called that the magician in this video does with the sponge balls where a lot of sponge balls come out of the volunteer's hand? The trick is at the end of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwchA5WbrOw
RealityOne
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of RealityOne
Quote:
On 2012-09-27 19:33, Chory wrote:
What is the magic trick called that the magician in this video does with the sponge balls where a lot of sponge balls come out of the volunteer's hand? The trick is at the end of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwchA5WbrOw

Multiplying sponge balls. That handling is basic and the instructions that come with the sponge balls should be sufficient to learn it.

If you are interested in developing a more original (and more challenging in terms of sleight of hand) routine, check out Ben Salinas' DVD Encyclopedia of Sponge Ball Magic. For some more original stuff, check out The Sponge Book (more like lecture notes) by Frances Marshall, Sponge Ball Toolkit DVD with the late great Steve Darci (best method ever for cleaning spongeballs),. L&L World's Greatest Magic - Spongeballs DVD or Pat Page's Secret Sessions Volume 5 DVD. Eugene Burger also has a great version in his book The Art of Magic.

My favorite (and what seems most magical to me) is Tom Stone's Benson Burner routine (and yes, I know it isn't technically an in the hands multiplying sponge ball routine but more of a variation of Roy Benson's Benson Bowl) which you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TfnVdycSuw
~David

Any perception of reality is a selection of reality which results in a distortion of reality.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
You could do an entire show with nothing but spongeballs, in fact. I think there are some magicians who do so!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2012-08-28 08:42, mago verza wrote:
Hello to everybody! I don't know if this is the better section to post this but...
I'm going to perfor in next months a show for kids I would like to ask a good routine for kids and also some good DVD suggestions about planning and doing magic show for kids (it's not on stage). Thank you very much in advance!

Tommy James!

This guy is in the business and uses everything he sells. That's why all his stuff is the best and will make you look great too!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kids show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL