The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for Vanish Tutorial recommendation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sleightofbrain
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Sleightofbrain
Specifically the use of Pull.
I would like to find the equivalent of Darwin TT, Bobo Coins etc...

Thanks,
SOB
Sleightofbrain
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

P.S.

Ive used them...it's just when I saw the Darwin TT video there were several "Ahh" moments for me.
Sleightofbrain
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

I found "The Pull Book" by Patrick Page
Sleightofbrain
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

That book has some good general information and the specific handling for a few tricks and different types of pulls.
Sleightofbrain
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Oh yeah..li got it as an eBook
on http://www.lybrary.com
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
Tommy Wonder DVDs.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The only material on the pull is what you have obtained through the Pat Page Pull Book. Most people use the pull incorrectly and thus do not have good experiences with them.

I guess the reason is that most do not want to learn technique, only the basic tricks.

When you get your required 50 posts, you will be able to view this short lesson on the proper handling of a Pull.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=37

You may also want to look up the use of a Holdout by Vernet called the Invisible Hand, it takes months to learn to use it. It is expensive as well.
Sleightofbrain
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Thanks Bill.

When I was a kid I saw some magicians that made it look so easy!
I'm digging through Tarbell and I also watched a brief Gary Darwin bit from the Classical Magic Series DVD's that my uncle gave me.

Baby steps
JonesingForTruth
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of JonesingForTruth
Yes indeed Darwin's TT video is one of my favorites on the subject... and the combo of a TT and a good Pull... priceless. Smile now, combined with the TKO 2.0... I think it really makes for some amazing combinations. and the TKO gave me another reason to break down and really start working with an ITR for the first time. Smile
Sleightofbrain
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

I'll have to look into the TKO after I get a few routines feeling good.
I have a box with 20 or so different pulls, palmo, a homemade Raven type and a Gecko so lots to experiment with.

I found the Invisible Hand DVD on eBay the other day so that is on the way.
JonesingForTruth
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

It's an amazing tool... As far as I know, the only one to get double 100% reviews on Wizard product review. Smile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDZbfYYXlhw Smile I got it from Penguin but you could definitely go straight to Kaylor's website too, kind of wish I had as I like Penguin for their private product forums and videos, and this product doesn't have any of those included (just the DVD that comes with it.) Not sure if Kaylor asked them to remove the forums so his private ones would be used, haven't seen that yet, don't know that it's 100% up and running yet.
JonesingForTruth
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Way to make me look like a liar Penguin Smile hehe as soon as I posted that I went to check my personal penguin site and there was a brand new TKO 2.0 forum on their site (I had contacted them through their chat and they said they didn't have a TKO forum, I said it might affect my future purposes. Suddenly there is one that wasn't there yesterday Smile no posts on it yet but stil... they listened. Smile No videos yet besides the demo one from the main site.
ike_hill
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of ike_hill
I love the tko 2.0, I use the uccu more because I'm primarily a card guy, but the tko 2.0 is fantastic in its own right.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for Vanish Tutorial recommendation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL