The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Airzooka - a really freaky experience (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
For anyone interested that have not seen these, they sell for about $15.00, and there's a website for convenience.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
They're a decent price. Can't go wrong with it.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
If you do order, do *not* order from airzooka.com. A couple of squatters in a warehouse with no inventory... I ordered two with two months leeway and never received mine. I then did a search and got them within two days from an educational supply house.

Just a warning...
magiczak
View Profile
Regular user
Granada Hills, CA
159 Posts

Profile of magiczak
Thanks for the heads up, yea, they do make a lot of noise.....but still cool
**Zak**
edwin
View Profile
New user
TX
18 Posts

Profile of edwin
You can get them at http://www.zerotoys.com at a very cool $12.00 each. While there, check out the zero blaster. Just got some for my vbs stage show--three sizes--prizes for the three helpers that can put a ring within a ring within a ring all out into the audience. That should get things lively!
Wiley
View Profile
New user
St. Paul, Minnesota
33 Posts

Profile of Wiley
Wow...thanks for the link, edwin.

The "Wizard Stick" could be useful, and even the "Mini Blaster" gives me some ideas.

Kevin
Belleque
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Belleque
Hi Folks!
Our Walmart is selling Airzookas for $9.95. They are the regular size good for about 25-30 feet. They manufacturer makes a larger size but they must be ordered online. We have been using them for all sorts of fun stuff for about 3 years now. All of my performing team have become deadly with them! They are great and now affordable and easy to find!

Brett
sehrgut
View Profile
Regular user
Augusta, GA
105 Posts

Profile of sehrgut
Quote:
Again thinking out loud, would the ball of air be able to deliver something (invisibly) that would have a visible effect on something, e.g. iron filings over a flame?

Iron filings would probably be too dense (and too detectable, in my opinion) to shoot well. However, flour makes nice sparks when it hits a flame, and would probably travel with the airzooka blast quite well . . .
"It is February, and time to take ink and weep.
One must always write of February while weeping."
-Boris Pasternak

"That night something of youth and beauty died in the elder world." -H.P. Lovecraft
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Forget flour...How about Lycopodium powder (Sp?) - Dragons breath or powdered coffe creamer?
Not too comfortable with the safety of it, but it might be something to test out...
Gwyd
sehrgut
View Profile
Regular user
Augusta, GA
105 Posts

Profile of sehrgut
Quote:
On 2006-06-09 11:14, gsidhe wrote:
Forget flour...How about Lycopodium powder (Sp?) - Dragons breath or powdered coffe creamer?
Not too comfortable with the safety of it, but it might be something to test out...

Lycopodium would be something to try, though it'd be rather costly for the amount you'd need to use to get a decent amount around a candle. Also (though I don't own an airzooka, and so can only speculate), you'd probably get a fireball from a cloud of lycopodium. Of course, that may be what you want . . . just be warned! *grin*

I'm going to put throw some powdered coffee creamer on a candle as soon as I get home. I didn't know it was that cool!

Now moving a little off the airzooka topic, if you can come by some misch metal powder, it's wonderfully pyrophoric . . . just be careful . . .

Cheers!
Keith
-Boris Pasternak

"That night something of youth and beauty died in the elder world." -H.P. Lovecraft
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
According to the owner of my local magic shop/pharmacist...lycopodium powder can be very dangerous! Apparently inhaling it could induce flu-like symptoms! This coming from a professional pharmacist. So be careful! When I heard this, I decided not to pursue experimenting with this stuff. Under normal performance conditions, I suppose you could easily avoid not breathing this fine powder in...but you are talking about loading it into an Airzooka? Hmmmm...I would put the toys down and go back to practicing your double lift!:)
sehrgut
View Profile
Regular user
Augusta, GA
105 Posts

Profile of sehrgut
Quote:
Apparently inhaling it could induce flu-like symptoms! This coming from a professional pharmacist. So be careful!

Yes, lycopodium can induce such symptoms in many people. The powder is actually spores collected from a club moss, Lycopodium clavatum. Anyone with allergies to molds should steer clear, as well as those with respiratory problems in general. So one could use this as yet another reason to use something else in the airzooka. (Although, in my opinion, giant balls of fire in your audience's face is a little more grave a consequence, eh?)

Cheers!
Keith
-Boris Pasternak

gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Hey...Someone said they wanted a way to make fire from an airzooka...
I never said it was a GOOD idea (In fact I think I even mentioned it was not particularly safe!). I was just brainstorming on it.
In any case...I never said to shoot it at the audience! I don't want to hit them with powdered moss or fire...That's just rude! Audiences HATE that! I said it needed testing!
Gwyd
sehrgut
View Profile
Regular user
Augusta, GA
105 Posts

Profile of sehrgut
Quote:
Audiences HATE that!

I should imagine they would! *grin*
-Boris Pasternak

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Airzooka - a really freaky experience (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL