The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » One Balloon Frog? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Anybody know a source to learn how to make a simple, one balloon frog?

Woodfield
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
Maybe you can ask this in this forum:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=181&10
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Dewey's Bubble Buddies by Ralph Dewey shows how to make "Toady the Frog" which can serve either as a Toad or a Frog, as the name suggests. It's available from here: http://www.amazon.com/Deweys-Bubble-Budd......80215071
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
There are TONS of instructional videos on YouTube

One Balloon Frog Search Results on YouTube
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
cwbny
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of cwbny
Agreed. I learned the basics from a few books and DVDs, but I really learned a ton just by searching YouTube for any balloon model. There are usually at least 3 videos for any given animal, so you can pick and choose which design you prefer.
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Woodfield
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Yeah, that is good! Thanks for providing the link.
I've noticed adding features with a marker can really make a difference with certain figures.
I use to use a marker but haven't for some time. Do a lot of you balloon twisters use markers?
It would appear that the Sharpe with pen type clicker is the easiest to use with one hand.

Woodfield
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
I use the Sharpie Retractable. I used to use the type with the pull off, push on lid and the Sharpie Retractable is so much easier to get ready and finish with; no need to keep track of a separate lid.
Drawing in the face of a dog is accompanied by a bit of interaction by me asking questions of the child: "Do you want an ordinary dog, or a dopey dog?' For a dopey dog I draw, halfway down the eye circle, a concave semicircle, and draw the centre of the eye as projecting as a semicircle dot below that concave semicircle. Take a look at a few cartoon character faces for expressions.
Then I ask, "Is this a boy dog or a girl dog?" Boys just about always reply "Boy dog", and girls "Girl Dog". So I give straight eyelashes for boy dog, and curly eyelashes for girl dog.
I draw the mouth of the dog and ask, "Do you want it's tongue inside its mouth [dont draw anything extra] or poking outside its mouth? [draw a tongue poking out of the mouth]
The presentation makes the magic.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Nearly everyone uses a marker, usually a Sharpy. In a pinch I use a ball point.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » One Balloon Frog? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL