The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Aldo Colobimi Recommendations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Hey everyone,

The recent post about the Lyrbary.com opened my eyes to all the material Aldo has released using shuffled decks in us and etc.

Is there any booklet(s) or DVDs of his that seem to be exceptional in this area or even in the self working stuff he has released?

Thanks so much,

Six
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
I like ALL of Aldo's material. You can go to http://www.wildcolombini.com to see extensive descriptions of all his products. You can also email him and he will answer any specific questions you have. He is a very gracious man.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
I hear he is. I more interested in a performers stand point, as opposed to his. He sells it so he must have thought it was good lol

Is there anything that stands out, maybe the trost series? Anything else he may have put out that fits my ideals above?
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
SIX, I have all the Trost DVDs. "I like ALL of Aldo's material"---that's MY opinion.

The using shuffled deck material is interspersed throughout the other effects on Aldo's various DVDs. That's why I gave you the link to his Website and told you the detailed descriptions are there.

It seems to me you did NOT go to Aldo's Website and READ what is there.

I apologize if I wasn't PLAIN enough in my first response.

I feel like this post is just reiterating what I previously said.

Done here.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Hey,

My apologies, when most people say I like "everything" its just a half a**ed response. You clearly do like everything, which is good to hear. I went to the site, but reading everything would be like reading a book, and then desiphering which is FASDIU and etc. I appreciate your honest response though Smile Thanks so much.

I will start will ten DVDs or so.

Thanks!

Six
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Thanks, Six. Didn't mean to have an attitude with you. IMO, you'll just have a great time with Aldo's, and Rachel's, DVDs. And Aldo will graciously answer your emails regarding specific questions. Ciao!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hi Six,

A great deal of Aldo's magic is FASDIU - and like everyone who has posted here, I am a huge Aldo and Rachel fan. An e-book you might want to check out that is completely FASDIU is called Killer Koncepts. The book is based upon a count that Steve Beam published in his SACT series. The effects possible with this beautiful sleight are amazing and Signore Colombini offers quite a variety of workers. I have so much of Aldo's stuff and I want ALL of it! As Atom has already stated, Aldo will answer any questions you have, and really, you SHOULD contact him! Both he and Rachel are a BLAST to talk to - they are simply classy, lovely people. And yes, Rachel is a helluva magician too. Smile

Namaste,
Vlad
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
I'll add my 2 cents here. The Trost series is great, you'll get a mixed bag with each dvd. A lot of his packet trick dvds are full of good material. I find gems in every one of them.

Pre Deck Ability is one of my favorites for a great card routine and gets great reactions.

The books Impromptu Card Magic and Simply Imprompt2 are packed with all sorts of card tricks. The amount of material in each makes them real bargains. Not every one will be a winner for you, but there will be plenty for regardless.
If you like using dice in your card magic, To Die For and Snake Eyes have plenty of material to go on.

All in all, Aldo and Rachels dvds and e-books are real bargains. Buy direct from them, and then you get notices of sales and new releases too.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2012-09-11 23:30, 723sabre wrote:
I'll add my 2 cents here. The Trost series is great, you'll get a mixed bag with each dvd. A lot of his packet trick dvds are full of good material. I find gems in every one of them.

Pre Deck Ability is one of my favorites for a great card routine and gets great reactions.

The books Impromptu Card Magic and Simply Imprompt2 are packed with all sorts of card tricks. The amount of material in each makes them real bargains. Not every one will be a winner for you, but there will be plenty for regardless.
If you like using dice in your card magic, To Die For and Snake Eyes have plenty of material to go on.

All in all, Aldo and Rachels dvds and e-books are real bargains. Buy direct from them, and then you get notices of sales and new releases too.

Agree on all points made by 723sabre.
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
For all, Aldo has recently released two volumes on Oil & Water routines; requested by many for a long time. Twenty routines on these two volumes. Well worth getting.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
KingOfDiamonds
View Profile
Elite user
Paris
427 Posts

Profile of KingOfDiamonds
Cardsdotcom is also a sure yet small investment.
NEW E-BOOK! Sneak: 12 card tricks based on the same principle.

https://www.lybrary.com/rapha%c3%83%c2%abl-czaja-m-534.html?affid=3322
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Fantastic! I picked up a couple items, they were ok, a couple of gems amongst the many effects. They all do spark something in some way which is great.

Thank you all!

I will look into that oil and water as well and Cardsdotcom.

Best,

Six
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
I really enjoyed Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere. I especially liked Aldo's take on the Dunbury Delusion in that book.
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
I am still patiently waiting for someone to print (with Aldo's permission of course) his Leprechaun/rainbow coloured back and pot of gold/green backed cards.I wish that I could remember the name of the effect.(?) I have been looking for it for quite a while now as it has not been in print for many years.If I remember rightly the effect itself was a variation on the 'Queens out of control' type effect. However it was the quality of the cards themselves and the quirky presentation that lifted the effect up above the others.I can imagine that if the cards/effect were to be released again (created from a scan of the original cards.)that they would surely sell like hot cakes.Therefore my feeling is that Aldo is understandably choosing not to release this popular effect again as it is a 'pet' effect of his. This is his right to do so. In which case his gain is our loss.
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
'Shenanigans' is the name of the effect.
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Now that is weird! It seems that it HAS been released!!! With a new presentational patter by Trevor Lewis. Unfortunately the only supplier I can locate seems to be 'The Magic depot' which is in the U.S rather than where I live in the U.K. Does anyone know if Aldo has a supplier in the U.K? The effect itself does not appear to be currently in stock and the expectation is that you reserve it up in front awaiting the new supply.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
"The Essential Aldo Colombini" available at L&L Publishing.
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
music_guy
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of music_guy
For those interested in Aldo Colombini's magic, his two Out-of-Print hardcover books, Close-Up Magic of Aldo Colombini and What's Up Deck, are currently available, new in Shrink-Wrap, on that "big E" auction site, ending tomorrow.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2014-02-02 20:52, music_guy wrote:
For those interested in Aldo Colombini's magic, his two Out-of-Print hardcover books, Close-Up Magic of Aldo Colombini and What's Up Deck, are currently available, new in Shrink-Wrap, on that "big E" auction site, ending tomorrow.

Both of these books are superb. In a sense, these two books really give the performer an accurate representation of Aldo's thinking.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Aldo Colobimi Recommendations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL