The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Miniature Cups And Balls by Magic Makers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
These looks HORRIBLE! They cant stack at all. It's like they had someone with no experience with cups design them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTSxfGGpC......embedded
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Heh...that is odd!
Looks like you have to keep them from swaying when stacked.
They are cute though.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Yepp

would be nicer if they would fit together nicer. perhaps they will
correct this issue?

otherwise a very nice prop after correction of this issue. the same balls
like the nutshell plastic version trick I think.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Wow that is weird, I just aquired a set of the beautifully made Jim Riser minature cups three days ago. I have been working on a routine with the School for Scoundrals perfect peas. Many possibilities for routines... Much better than the ackward handling in that video. As usual another Magic Makers prop that is not properly made. Sorry I have little respect for that company that is predominately known for rip off products and are now apparently trying to sue Chazpro after they (Magic Makers) have tried to rip off the raven.

John
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
A few months back I went to my 'local' shop looking for a Bill Tube. They had one by MM.

I gave it a light shake and the gimmick fell out.

Stay away from MM when looking at machined props.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
MM are all Cheap and the sort of stuff that are sold in the Tourist Magic Shops like Houdini Magic Shop Las Vegas
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
You couln't make the cups to scale so they would nest the same as the full size, they would be too thin and delicate. Just my guess from looking at it.

What stands out to me is that Magic Makers is making beautiful demo videos. The one for the pull related to the Chazpro dispute may be the best demo video I've ever seen.

DD
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Does this prove me wrong? http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=O0ba......ndscreen

I don't know much about these things but that's a nice demo by Magic Makers.

DD
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
On 2012-09-13 16:56, Don Dasher wrote:
Does this prove me wrong? http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=O0ba......ndscreen

I don't know much about these things but that's a nice demo by Magic Makers.

DD

that routine isn't bad. not great either though.

the shells and pea are much better IMO if you wanted to do that type of routine.

why not just do a normal cups and balls? a normal cups and balls routine with final loads is way better than this little routine.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
The link below shows the beautiful work Jim Riser has done with mini cups. The Mini Traditionals that I have are about 6 images down. They nest great and have some heft. Unfortunately no longer in production.

http://www.jamesriser.com/Magic/DiscontinuedItems.html

Nice demos do not justify shoddy business practises.

John
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Quote:
On 2012-09-13 17:08, J M Talbot wrote:

Nice demos do not justify shoddy business practises.

John

I agree. So if someone dares to say such a thing you should reprimand them.

DD
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I thought you were implying that Don, if I was mistaken I apologise.
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
I wasn't, so thanks Smile

I just like their demos, nice set, very magical. The cup and ball handling... not so much.

DD
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Great, thanks Don. I am having fun playing with the Riser mini cups. Combining tradional cups and balls moves with shell moves opens up a number of possibilities. Is it better than a tradional cups and balls routine ... no... but could be fun for a small intimate performance (magic that is).

John
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Agreed. I like the concept and was unaware these existed. After seeing both I would tend to agree with Zombie's original post. Curious design choice by Magic Makers.

DD
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
I have this set and they are very cute !!

They are easier to perfom IMO, I learn some of the moves from Leanne Green 's dvd ...

I like it so far Smile
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
And magic maker's demo is horrible for sure lol
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
jdrichard01
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of jdrichard01
Need HELP! I just purchased a nice set of Brass "mini" Cups and Balls and I am looking for a book or DVD that will provide me with the technique for using the "pea size" balls. I know the Vernon Routine and actually have it posted on youtube (average job) and would love to learn a good mini-CAB routine. I have asked eddy ray and Jeff Pinsky (Canada) and neither can help. I am awaiting a response from Michael Ammar and hopping he has a good reference. I could just bust my butt and figure it out, but, professional help will ensure I don't end up like a hacker.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Miniature Cups And Balls by Magic Makers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL