The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kids show - TOP HAT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicJac
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of MagicJac
I don't think this may be a post for this forum - But my good old Collapsibla TOP HAT has been left open for about 2.5 months - for some reason it would not stay on the closed position any more -and I have a show coming up and in need of it! also it sounds rusted. Any tips on how to fix this or where can a buy a good quality TOP HAT. Not the regular standard one but of good quality. Tips on fixing current one will be ideal.

Thanks MagicJac
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Opera hats should be stored open. Otherwise wrinkles form. They are best kept in a cool dry and dark location. Preferably in a hatbox. I doubt that your can be fixed as it sounds as if the framework has corroded. It would be difficult to repair as the cover would have to be removed, the framework cleaned and repaired and then the cover reattached. A difficult task even for a skilled seamstress. You can purchase a new "Gibbus" here http://www.jjhatcenter.com/old/index.php?productID=175
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
MagicJac
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of MagicJac
Thank you for all the info Payne - wow $450

I paid about 150 for mine - forgot where I got it from - Arggg - but it was not the $25 or $39 Hat , this one seemd more like a $100

MagicJac
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I use a Top Hat from Dube Juggling.

Dan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kids show - TOP HAT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL