The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A bit of help with the JW grip please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Just downloaded this routine last night. It is excellent. However, I took out all of the JW stuff. Found it works just the same (and with much less stress) with a good fingertip production. The routine has a terrific structure.

I do really like the Sankey idea employed on the second coin. A little knacky but very well worth the effort.

Great routine. Eaton has a soft touch with the coins, making his work quite magical looking.
Branden Wolf
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
20 Posts

Profile of Branden Wolf
I use JW in my work, and most of my knowledge comes from Apollo. I don't know about the glasses thing (I've seen it but unaware of the exact origins). There's a ton of resources out there, literally like fish in a bucket. Most will give you basics, or enough to get a familiarity with it. I personally like Apollo's work with hand movement when transferring into a JW grip position.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I remember, long time back now it seems, Eric gave me a video of him using this "eyeglass" move with the JWG. He asked me not to show it to anybody and I never did (and now I can't find the darn thing), Smile but on it he does several beautiful spellbound moves and vanishes, productions, some just unbelievable under his grace. Also, he was doing his Tai Chi Penetration on the vid. Man, that poke through the coin is still the most amazing version of that trick that I have ever seen...Just perfect!

Anyway, this was long before he became a Big Baller, but it was because of finesses like that and many others I saw in his work early on, that I absolutely knew that he would become the magical artist that he became and is today. To me, don't much matter whether he created the move or not (though I sorta think he did - And no disrespect to Apollo either, as he's the real deal as well) as ain't no one out there using it any better than him or on any higher level of presentation, that I've seen. I'm just sayin', and I truly respect the opinions here. Smile

Oh, and welcome to the Café, Wolf. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I learned the JW grip from Horace Bennett in the '70's. He would get the coin into JW Grip, then bring both hands up to his eyes, as if forming a pair of binoculars to peer through before reproducing the coin. I still like to do it that way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A bit of help with the JW grip please (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL