The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Problem with my muscle pass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MaXiMoN
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
125 Posts

Profile of MaXiMoN
Hi guys...
the muscle pass is a very impresive sleight to me and I wanted to master it so bad...
the problem my hands are not perfectly made for this sleight (I guess because my hands are over hydrated)
I tried over and over for along time after I bought noblezada dvd
I tried coin roll type of training...you know repeat it while doing something else like "CLASSES!" x)
what are the best instructions and what is your personal tip from your experience until you mastered this sleight!?

Peace
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
First, welcome to the Café MaX. Smile

Did you say the "Muscle Pass???" Smile

Check out Platt's new work called The Dance. He deals with the MP and simplifies it greatly in a way that helps make it not much of a problem at all. It is a move that Platt is quite expert in using to do some amazing things besides just making the coin fall up. Smile Plus the DVD is well-taught and shot, and gives you a few really nice doable coin effects, moves and routine.

http://www.plattmagic.com/Products.php

Again, welcome. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Nutz4Tutz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nutz4Tutz
Very nice reference Mb217, first time I've seen that. Definitely have to pick that up myself for keepsake.
MaXiMoN
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
125 Posts

Profile of MaXiMoN
Thank you MB for the advice
I'll check it ASAP
any further references or advices are very appreciated Smile

ps : MB is saying muscle pass is bad just to make sure
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
There are a couple DVDs available that exclusively teach the MP. Personally, I like Rindfleisch's Coin Magic DVD set as it is full of a lot of good magic, incorporates the MP in a few routines and even teaches a QUASI MP.

Haven't had my coffee yet, so don't recall the references for other DVDs. I know if you Google you'll find references and Penguin Magic sells Jay N's DVD---I'd spell his last name incorrectly atm if I attempted to.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
MaXiMoN
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
125 Posts

Profile of MaXiMoN
Thank you for your help atom
iam looking for good recommendations for the MP
I know there is lot of places where I can learn it (!)
but I prefer buying the best one and move on
Peace..
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hi MaX, it's not bad to just say the words but in most cases people here will abbreviate the words as to moves to keep them a bit more secretive from folks just passing thru or perhaps even lurking just to pick up things and move on. Usually just the first letter of each word is enough to let most people here, that have an idea about coin magic, know what you mean in these discussions. Plus, it makes it all shorter to write. Smile

Again, you will be happy with Platt's simple instructions and deeper thoughts on this move, and you will be amazed at the creative ways he teaches you to use it in some great impromptu effects. Smile Platt is a straight-away, no nonsense kind of guy and gives it you straight and effectively. I think you will enjoy his new, The Dance DVD, just good coin magic from a really creative guy. Smile

http://www.plattmagic.com/Products.php
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
AND some of us are just plain LAZY, MB!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
If you are in an area where a club meets, I find face to face mentoring and instruction is helpful. If not then the above suggestions are great.

Sometimes changing the type of coin(edge,size, weight, thickness) can be as helpful as the technique. After you learn you will be able to do it with from nickel(USA) to Morgan (USA) size coins.

With time, effort, the right teacher you can do this.
Let us know of your progress.

Harris
with palms of aluminum foil..for a lighter touch in coin magic
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
MaXiMoN
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
125 Posts

Profile of MaXiMoN
Thank you MB for "the dance" it looks really cool Smile

Harris 'appreciat it I took ur advice iam still at very short jumps level I'll keep working thank you again everyone

Peace
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
Glue several heavy coin,and try musclepassing,it will get your hand sore but when your hand recover,your musclepass will be better than before Smile
also make sure your classic palm spot is the same as your musclepass spot,so you wont need to adjust your palm when you want to muscle pass from cpalm Smile

Practice,practice and practice until you can shoot your coin from musclepass accurately ...
remember,Accuracy > distance
david kong muscle pass dvd have many uses of musclepass as utilities,i recommend it
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
You might also try it with your non-dominant hand.

I find somethings easier with my left hand. These days, I do it with both hands at the same time, in the middle of a copper/silver coin routine.(for comedy bit)

Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
FYI, I find the coin placement in my hand for the MP is different than in CP. Not by much, but for the MP, the placement is higher for maximum force and velocity. I envy you guys who can MP directly from CP.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Nutz4Tutz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nutz4Tutz
I do the MP from CP. It really wasn't that difficult to change my habits from being higher in my palm to being able to do it from CP. All I did was hold my hand palm up wide open, and just practiced "gripping" the coin from that position until it jumped. It doesn't have to jump 20 feet in the air. For a spectator sometimes less is more. When goofing off with the MP I try to get it real high, but when I perform it for an audience or use it as a utility, I think the most I've had it jump was maybe a foot.
Ryan_McSwain
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Ryan_McSwain
I'm new to this, but I am really proud of my MP.

I have small hands, so I was surprised that it worked easier for me with a dollar size coin. I worked at it using a Morgan dollar like a medicine ball, and then with cheap plastic poker chips for distance. Once I had the placement, it took a week or two of doing it non-stop to really get it flying.

If you're wanting to do it in the open, for me it turned out that the absolute best coin to use is an aluminum Mardi Gras token. I can't recommend these enough! They are very light and thin, but the size of a silver dollar. You can buy them on eBay for very cheap, and there is a wide selection. You can get them with skulls, Greek gods, unicorns, whatever. Mine have Little Nemo from the classic comic strip.

After practicing so much with the Morgan dollar, the aluminum token flies like a bullet from a gun. I can do it just past shoulder-width horizontally, and about half of that vertically. People really fall for the ol' "it's a rubber coin" gag, since it isn't a coin they recognize.
Nutz4Tutz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nutz4Tutz
Thanks for the recommendation Ryan, I'll have to check the tokens out.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Ryan, Excellent suggestion on the MG coin.
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
MaXiMoN
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
125 Posts

Profile of MaXiMoN
Thank you ryan for you advice
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Problem with my muscle pass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL