The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Seance Props (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Unknown7777
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Unknown7777
Hi,

I am getting ready to do some voodini style seances and am looking for props to use that are not too expensive. They have been hard to find as their often mixed in with bizarre magic effects

Thanks,
Brad
Adam Hince
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
509 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Brad,

Let us know how is goes! I've been studying Voodini's seance material recently. It reads top-notch!

Are you aware of Paul's 2 books that have some additional bizarre effects?

http://readerofminds.co.uk/lightning_rod_42.html

http://readerofminds.co.uk/the_haunting_25.html

Regards,
-AH
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Ooh, get an old-style spiritualist trumpet. There's a simple trick that allows a spectator to hold a trumpet and have the trumpet speak in a voice from beyond the grave. If it's not obvious from what you already know, PM me if you're interested.

It doesn't have to be a special trumpet. You can either alter one of those beloved South Africa World Cup ones or make a cone out of a sheet of metal or plastic. Would cost between $2 and $10 here to make the full setup depending on what materials you used (free if you have the materials or if you find leftovers from the World Cup fad).
hypn
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of hypn
As a South African I have to sheepishly admit that we still have those plastic trumpets better known as a Vuvuzela for sale. If you are looking for one I will gladly help. If you are London, Australia or New Zeeland based you could pop into a South African store and they should also have those noisemakers. Finally something useful to do with the plastic noisemaker
Andre The Hilarious Hypnotist
Wyld2006
View Profile
New user
If only I was clever enough to come up with something witty to back up my...
41 Posts

Profile of Wyld2006
Do you have any suggestions on where to buy Seance Props? I love the looks of aged items like in the Karnival Of Magic DVD by Tony Chris.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I look around the antique shops, finding things I can use is half the fun, but its a slow process. The other option is to age things yourself.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
vigi
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of vigi
Local fairs?
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms" - Muriel Rukeyzer
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of dennper
A candle, a mirror (for the candle to sit on), a small bell, and hands to hold. Smile
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Quote:
On 2012-10-02 01:23, aalexander wrote:
Ooh, get an old-style spiritualist trumpet. There's a simple trick that allows a spectator to hold a trumpet and have the trumpet speak in a voice from beyond the grave. If it's not obvious from what you already know, PM me if you're interested.

It doesn't have to be a special trumpet. You can either alter one of those beloved South Africa World Cup ones or make a cone out of a sheet of metal or plastic. Would cost between $2 and $10 here to make the full setup depending on what materials you used (free if you have the materials or if you find leftovers from the World Cup fad).

Yes, it does have to be a real seance trumpet or whats the point of using one. In fact, they are still being made and there is one one place in the world where you can get one.But the quanity is very limited.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Spirit trumpets are available here:

https://www.facebook.com/JohnLilekPhysicalMedium2
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Unknown7777
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Unknown7777
Wow I'm surprised this thread got revived
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-07-22 21:50, Unknown7777 wrote:
Wow I'm surprised this thread got revived

Wow,I'm surprised it was not posted in the Cellar's Spooky/Bizarre forum! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Unknown7777
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Unknown7777
When I started it I also posted it over there. I posted here to see what mentalists thought as I know there are several who do seance work.
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
543 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
ETSY is a great source.

Alphabet cards for example http://etsy.me/10NLaA0
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Seance Props (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL