The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Card vanish from card box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

goro
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of goro
Hi

I'm working on a routine where a spectator puts selected card into card box, and later when it is opened, it is totally different card in the box.
I only have an idea to somehow make a gimmicked card box similar to "Criss Angel's Mindfreak" plastic box. But on the other hand I don't want it to be easily visible that something's not right with a card box.
Any ideas?
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Danny Garcia has a move called the DG Box Steal. that's a way to get the card out, to get another on in its place you can do any other "card to box" style moves.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.deceptionsmke -My Show
goro
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of goro
Quote:
On 2012-10-06 10:12, AndyLuka wrote:
Danny Garcia has a move called the DG Box Steal. that's a way to get the card out, to get another on in its place you can do any other "card to box" style moves.

Not quite what I actually wanted but thanks for the idea. Using DG Box Steal will definitely work for the trick but I had different idea in my mind where spectator puts the card into the box, and the box is put in a certain way on the table that the card vanishes and replaced with another one.Smile
But I'll give a dg box steal a try.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Not sure how your routine goes, but how about this idea?

1. Spectator places a card in box. Closes the flap. Puts it on the table.
2. [insert patter and entertainment here, hehe!]
3. Magician has the signed or different-backed or blank or fancy or otherwise-special card copped.
4. Magician picks up box from table, places it on palm on top of palmed card.
5. Magician then does the old ruse of opening the box, showing there's a card [still] in the box, then faking slipping it out quickly while really in that moment bringing the hidden card in to play...
6. ?
7. Profit. ;-) ;-)

Would that accomplish the same End Goal? I think depending on if that's the end of the routine, and how strong of an impact it is based on how it was built up, you could then toss the box (with the original card still in it) into your pocket and no one is going to care.

--Dave Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
goro
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of goro
Quote:
On 2012-10-08 23:41, Diavo wrote:
Not sure how your routine goes, but how about this idea?

1. Spectator places a card in box. Closes the flap. Puts it on the table.
2. [insert patter and entertainment here, hehe!]
3. Magician has the signed or different-backed or blank or fancy or otherwise-special card copped.
4. Magician picks up box from table, places it on palm on top of palmed card.
5. Magician then does the old ruse of opening the box, showing there's a card [still] in the box, then faking slipping it out quickly while really in that moment bringing the hidden card in to play...
6. ?
7. Profit. ;-) ;-)

Would that accomplish the same End Goal? I think depending on if that's the end of the routine, and how strong of an impact it is based on how it was built up, you could then toss the box (with the original card still in it) into your pocket and no one is going to care.

--Dave Smile

but in this case you can't actually open the box and show that it is empty....
My initial idea was simple. Spectator selects a forced card, places it in a box. Then I would magically reveal duplicate card and say something "now you think I could have a duplicate of the card". But after that I would open the box in front of the spectator and reveal indifferent card (it can be blank or something funny written on it).
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Oh, gotcha! I was focusing on another idea then...
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Card vanish from card box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL