The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Size of the magic market! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cjl467
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
71 Posts

Profile of cjl467
Hi folks,

Does anyone have some points of reference they can share which might give us a clue of how big the entire magic market is? There are 50K members here, which might get close.

But how about the number of professionals? Number of people who actually spend money on effects?

Has anyone actually published something who's willing to tell us how many units they sold or how big the email lists are of some of the big distributors?

Thanks!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
You're asking for the biggest secret in magic Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Sebastian Oudot
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Between Two Worlds
197 Posts

Profile of Sebastian Oudot
It would be interesting to know that. I think it's much much more than 50K.

I mean you talk about global market or only US market?

Because, worldwide, If you take all the magic forums in each and every country, it's already a lot. And I'm sure a lot of people simply don't come on forums.

Plus speaking about people who actually spend money on effects, you can count all the new generation who spend countless hours on Youtube and are able to find a magic effect trailer.

And, do you have to count all the people that buy just one effect because they saw somebody doing the dynamic coins at the last sunday family dinner.

But it's an interesting subject and I would love to have some answers to that.

I didn't read it but maybe some imputs can be found into Maxwell Murphy's book "Every Thing I Know About Marketing Magic" because the first statement of the book is:

How big is the magic market?
Damon Zale
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Damon Zale
This is an excelent question. I think you might end up having to narrow this down to specific effects you are thinking of selling.
For example I put together a book test recently, initially for myself. Some people liked it and purchased it. Just word of mouth stuff. Is it worth for me spending money on adds etc? Well, that goes to a subset of your question "How many people would buy a book test?" Simmilarly with developing different book tests...

The fact that folks are doing it proves thre is A market outhere, but that is different from knowing how big or small it is (good money for one person might seem not worth the effort for another).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Size of the magic market! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL