The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Best Dangerous Stunt Ever? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
One of the best live Streaming Experience I have seen lately

Nefesch
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Oddly enough, Joe Kittinger was on Felix's team; Felix insisted that he wanted no one on the radio link to him except Joe. And regarding the time in freefall, sorry Nefesch - your physics might need a bit of work! Felix was in freefall for 4:19, which did not break Kittinger's record of more than four and a half minutes. Apparently Kittinger released his chute much later than Felix did. Both men had equipment problems during their jumps. One of the gloves on Kittinger's suit was torn before he jumped but he didn't want the mission scrubbed so he kept quiet about it. His hand swelled to twice its normal size during the freefall! Baumgartner's visor heater failed just before the jump causing the visor to fog up with each exhalation. Like Kittinger he didn't want the jump scrubbed so he went anyway.

Couple of exceedingly brave dudes!

Thanks!

Jim
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Yes Jim
you are right
the calculations I made was having in mind 4 minutes in free fall at sound speed, making that calculation gave me a longer distance, which had no sense, but as I saw yesterday only the first 30 seconds were at supersonic speed, then the rest was made at regular free fall speed, with deceleration due of air resistance, that had full sense in both cases. And yes Joe Kittinger was there, and I heard the issue Joe had with his glove, and the issues Felix had with his visor heater.

Two guys with BIG B@LLS!!

I loved it!

Nefesch Smile
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
If you missed it you can catch highlights on my new youtube show, The Roslyn Walker News Cast. New episodes can always be found on Tuesday's at 2pm GMT here: http://www.roslynwalker.com/news
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Let's be honest, both of these guys mentioned make Weirdo Blaine's London stunt (of sitting on his a*s in a plastic box for days on end) look just a tad tame.

In fact, maybe David would like to try the free fall from Space stunt himself; albeit hopefully attached to a bungee rope?

Ooooooh, we wouldn't have to see him again for years! Smile
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Best Dangerous Stunt Ever? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL