The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chiclephobia by Jeff Prace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NateHickey
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of NateHickey
Hey guys, Check out Jeff Prace's new effect Chiclephobia. I like it, its easy to do, highly visual, and it's a perfect opportunity to do some nice magic. It comes with all the props necessary and also written, illustrated instructions.

Check it out here! http://jeffprace.com/chiclephobia.html
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks for posting this, Nate! Let me talk a little about what you're getting:

I've always wanted to do this effect, so I had the cards custom-designed and printed for personal use. I had a lot of success when performing this, so I decided to print a small run of the props to share with other magicians. They are printed on 30mil Teslin, so they are they are the same size and thickness of a credit card. Teslin is an eco-friendly alternative to PVC, and these cards will fit comfortably in your wallet. The instructions are printed on 16pt card stock and are professionally written and illustrated. Everything is printed right here in the US.

I purposely showed everything clearly in the performance video. I know this is not a magician-fooler, but I wanted to be lucid about what you will receive. I have also uploaded images of the props to my website so there are no surprises. The routine is completed after a simple move, so it's easy, visual, and fun to perform.

If you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Nice one, Jeff. Right up my alley.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Not sure how many people would want to end up with a piece of gum that had been in someone else's teeth (even if it is unwrapped for them!), but it doesn't always have to end in the spec's hands, I suppose.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Cameron - Thanks! Glad you like it.

Chessmann - The instructions actually say to carry another, new piece of gum in your pocket to give to the audience member at the end. For some reason, in the trailer, I accidentally said to give them the piece from your mouth. Sorry about that.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Could you just "pluck" the pice out with your fingers?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Absolutely! The instructions explain the routine in the video, but at the end, we mention there are so many other possibilities. You can do a visual color change (like Noel Stanton's Pivot Color Change), for example. I think the biggest value here is not the specific routine, but the included props, as they can be utilized in a variety of ways.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
How about just holding the card at the edges with both hands, over their open palm and like when you 'snap" out a pice of gum from a blister pack, just snap it into their hand.

Nice, fair, demo Jeff! I like you and your magic.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Zombie, that will work as well! I am always open about the way I perform, and I know it sometimes doesn't suit other people's performance styles. This trick, in particular, can be re-worked to fit most personalities, and I encourage people to come up with their own handlings/routines when they receive the props. Depending on who you're performing for, you can change how you present this trick. (I perform for too many intoxicated college students, so they don't mind that the piece of gum was previously between my teeth. Smile)
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Sorry for the double post, but in order to celebrate Halloween, I am having a sale on my website that includes Chiclephobia! Just go to my home page, get scared by my zombie picture, and then click the 'Halloween' button. Chiclephobia is only $10! Other DVDs are $10-13 off as well.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Jeff, GREAT Zombie pic!

You have some wonderful releases!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks, Zombie! Means a lot from someone with a name such as yours. Smile
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
A cool idea that I sometimes implement is to use this alongside a chewed-to-wrapped gum effect. (I published three methods on my original GUM DVD.) It's a cool transposition; you show a chewed piece of gum in your hands and a wrapped piece of gum inside the gift card. The spectator holds onto the card, and the chewed piece in your hand becomes new. When they look back at the card they're holding, it now traps an image of a chewed piece of gum. It's freaky!
johnstess
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of johnstess
Hey guys I just want to throw up a review of this, I had the pleasure of having a session with Jeff, and during it he showed me Chiclephobia, and I was 100% fooled!!! so I needed to know how to do it... So I took the bait and bought it.... all I can say is WOW. This trick is a WORKER!! Not only do you get two custom printed cards, you get a killer routine, and get amazing reactions, I use this all the time!!!! Honestly guys this for me is a 10 out of 10 Two custom printed cards an amazing routine all for 15 bucks! Honestly I say buy it right now if you second guessing it, I guarantee you will be using it the day you get it!

All in all this is an amazing product and I use it 24/7 all I can say is if you want a killer conversation starter this is for you!

John Stessel
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks, John! Just wanted to update everyone and say this is now on sale for 40% off ($9.00) for the holiday season - as are all of my other products. Plus, there is free shipping to anywhere in the world!

http://www.jeffprace.com/holiday_deal.html

PS. This is only the first trick of the series! The series focuses on simple, organic magic with a big impact. Each trick in the series will come complete with custom-designed and printed props, written and illustrated instructions, and, of course, high quality service. The second trick is at its finishing stages now!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chiclephobia by Jeff Prace (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL