The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Picked up a few things... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Instead of doing several posts I thought I would just sum up a few things I picked up...Not sure if they are all the Latest but I do feel they belong in the Greatest Section...

1. Crystal Vase Flower Production : {description} An EMPTY Crystal Flower Vase is kept on the table in full view of the audience. Performer pickes up vase. INSTANTLY a small boquet of mylar flowers APPEAR in the vase ! Completely self contained and automatic. VERY VISUAL and EASY to do !

my thoughts: I know ,i know, a crystal vase flower production? lol...its pretty sweet tho...i was thinking about tricks I can teach my daughters...something easy and very visual...i was going to make one til I saw the price on this ..only $12.95 , I couldn't pass it up...i bought 3 ( I have 3 daughters and when you buy something you better make sure you get 3 of them, dads on the Café know where I'm coming from lol) they love it and I'm glad I can bring them into to world of magic...easy to use and should last a long time...got this at http://www.bobsolarimagic.com $12.95 its on sale for that price, don't know how long it will last.

2. Flying Silk Reel: {description} Animation always gets reactions from an audience. Imagine a silk scarf or streamer flying out of a box or glass and takes flight all around the room! It looks amazing! The quality is amazing and the unit is amazingly quiet. It's also very easy to use.

my thoughts: I've never purchased a reel before except for imakulate ring flight but this is different...so many reel's on the market today I went ahead and gave this one a shot, the price was just right...$29.95 so it didn't' break the bank.... I love quiet it is which is a plus, nothing is worse then a zipping sound when the "magic" happens...and holy shh--nikes is it fast...great for silk through mic stand or silk through stop sign - (did that today while out with the family)...great buy, great reel...i got this at http://www.bobsolarimagic.com $29.95 sale price...not sure how long it will last....

3. Vertigo: {description} An empty card box - and the FULL deck itself - remains suspended in space. No strings, wires, or magnets. Looks like REAL magic.

My thoughts: ok I just found out today that this has been out for a while...i decided to post because well its new to me lol....the gimmick is easy to make, the dvd is very thorough and there is no doubt that you will be performring this once you know the secret...best part is you can go straight into your card routine, nothing to add, nothing to take away...i saw http://www.penguinmagic.com has this for $24.95 ...do yourself a favor and buy it.

there you have it...enjoy Café...
J Rodriguez
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Thanks for the reviews fella.

Nice to read about stuff that doesn't involve cards!

Great to also see that you weaning them onto magic without going down the usual route of plastic rubbish - such as 'spikes thru coin', etc.
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I have seen these reels online and I have a question are they fully rtractable or do they need to be done prior to performance?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Picked up a few things... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL