The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Part Show Part Business - Articles and Ideas for Magicians (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Promagia
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Promagia
GREAT!!
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Thanks Promagia. I hope you find the content useful! Thanks for singing up for my newsletter as well Smile
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
I just posted a recording of my 'Late Night Lecture' at the 3 Of Clubs magic convention. I discuss my stage setup for shows, branding, marketing materials, advertising, newsletters, and evaluations.

You can watch the video on my blog here:
http://partshowpartbusiness.com/2013/11/......rsation/
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2013-11-13 15:42, Alikzam wrote:
I just posted a recording of my 'Late Night Lecture' at the 3 Of Clubs magic convention. I discuss my stage setup for shows, branding, marketing materials, advertising, newsletters, and evaluations.

You can watch the video on my blog here:
http://partshowpartbusiness.com/2013/11/......rsation/

I thought this was a great lecture! A lot of useful info.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Thanks Close.Up.Dave! Smile I'm happy that people are finding it helpful.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
I've totally neglected to update my post here with new articles. There are TEN new articles online for you to enjoy! All of the content is short, free, and to the point. Don't forget to sign up for the newsletter to stay in touch. I don't sell anything in the newsletter either. They're just short emails to let you know when I've posted new content.

Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
eric50
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of eric50
You guys should attend our Magic Business University Conference in April
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
I've recently posted a bunch of new articles. Below is a link to the article, along with a short intro paragraph from the post.

Benefits to Using Giveaways In Your Show
For children and family performers using giveaways for audience volunteers is quite common, and for good reason too. They make a great souvenir to remember the show long after it’s over. But these innocent looking giveaways can be an important tool in your branding and marketing strategy. They can be used to build your brand, generate future leads, and promote back of room sales.

There are lots of different types of giveaways you could use in your business include colouring sheets, bookmarks, fortune telling fish, ball and vase, and coin slides. For many of these giveaways the actual cost is far less than their perceived value. Giveaway items aren’t going to give you an instant return on investment like a direct mail campaign would. However, they do help establish you in the marketplace and are a long term investment in building your business. *click the link to read the rest of the article*

The Early Bird Books the Gig
The key to making more money may be as simple as getting better at answering your phone.

Have you ever missed a call from a client and returned their call later on only to hear “Sorry… We already booked someone else for our event”? Just by missing their initial call you missed out on a booking! Hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars lost… vanished.

It’s something that has happened to all of us. But, how can we try and prevent this from happening? *click the link to read the rest of the article*

11 Tips To Get Kids to Stay Seated During Your Show
For any children’s performer one of the biggest problems is getting the kids to sit for the entire show. It isn’t because they’re bored or restless that they squirm, instead it’s because they’re so excited and they want to be involved! But, standing children causes lots of problems… *click the link to read the rest of the article*

Lessons Learned from Poor Customer Service
This article is inspired by a recent negative customer experience I had.

For Christmas my sister wanted an item that’s sold by a home based business. I was able to contact the seller through Facebook. I placed my order and was told she didn’t have the item in stock anymore and needed a couple of weeks to get another. She also informed me that she was too busy to keep track of orders so I would have to send her a reminder in a couple weeks. *click the link to read the rest of the article*

Trick Review: Stand Up Monte by Garrett Thomask
This is a very technical routine that requires a lot of practice to remember the right sequences for each phase of the routine. Throughout the routine it’s easy to get yourself mixed up, so you’ll need to practice it until you can keep track of everything without thinking about it. When I was first learning the routine I spent about 5 hours watching the video over and over with the cards in hand, and another week or so practicing the routine everyday to memorize the sequence. Once you’ve created a script it becomes easier to remember the moves since you have the script to remind you what comes next. *click the link to read the rest of the article*

Why Most Magicians Don’t Work and What to Do About It
When I first decided that I wanted to be a full time magician I knew almost nothing about business. I certainly didn’t have any idea what was going to be involved in operating my own business as a solo entrepreneur. I just knew that I wanted to study and perform magic all day long every single day. But what else did I need to know? How do you turn a passion into a real business? That’s when I began reading and studying everything I could online about business.

Time and time again I came across recommendations for a book called The E-Myth: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It. This book was my first introduction into the realities of turning my passion for magic into something that could pay the bills. *click the link to read the rest of the article*
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Different Types of Giveaways To Use In Your Show
In my last article I discussed the benefits to using giveaways in your show. In this article I’ll discuss the various types of giveaways that I’ve used before. This isn’t just theory on things that I’ve seen or heard about. All of these items I’ve used in my performances. For each item I’ll discuss the context in which I used it, along with sources and examples. Balloon Animals, Ball and Vase, Coin Slide, Fortune Telling Fish, Print Outs, Bookmarks, Million Dollar Bills.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Part Show Part Business - Articles and Ideas for Magicians (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL