The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Death of a bully and one more... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
This week I encountered the news of the deaths of two people from my past. One was a young magician who I had once taught magic to. I had lost contact with him over the last few years, but several days ago saw his name pop up on my Facebook friends list. Out of curiosity, I went to his page only to read some very strange condolence posts being made. I followed the thread back over a year, only to find out that he had died. It seems nobody knew how. Kind of strange.

But even stranger was a few days after that. I got a call from a friend I've known since 1st grade. He said he'd heard from his dad about the death of someone we both knew as the neighborhood bully when we were growing up. I was able to find the obituary to confirm it, and have talked to a few other people who also knew him. What seemed very surreal was the fact that everyone just responded with more of a shrug than anything... a wake of indifference that lasted for 50 years.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Michael, sorry to hear of the loss of your magician pupil. Death is never a friendly message. As for the neighborhood bully, it only illustrates that you are remembered for who and what you are in life.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Death of a bully and one more... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL