The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Joel Bauer performance footage (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Evelyn, yes Joel gets by with stuff because he is Joel. I attended a Master Class on busking with Gazzo. He is THE MAN when it comes to busking. But, he used lines on some of the ladies in the crowd that would have got me slapped senseless if I even thought them. They not only liked what he said but they would drop $10 & $20 bills in the hat for him. Gazzo, Like Joel have the personality and showmanship to pull that off. Wish I did.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2012-11-04 05:20, Paddy wrote:
But, he used lines on some of the ladies in the crowd that would have got me slapped senseless if I even thought them. Gazzo, Like Joel have the personality and showmanship to pull that off. Wish I did.

Well quit coming on several magician forums telling junk to members. You are just going to get banned MORE times. Keep your fingers off the keyboards and start reading and learning. If you don't, you are going to just continue to complain using your "Wish I did".
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Mike, I love the fact that you pretend you know what you're doing and try to give "advice" to people. It is so obvious to everyone who the pros are here. As I mentioned in the "free show" thread your shows are worth that, free. You have over 28000 that's 28 thousand posts on this site alone. Most of us are too busy performing to post that many times.

When you learn how to perfom then comment. You have already been tossed off several forums
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
We all understand you have a SLOW mind paddy. Did you know you are setting yourself up that way?:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5973795
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5892830
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5870125
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5494913
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5392146

If you keep complaining because you are always sitting on your butt at home being slow, you are going to self destruct. Why not try and get up and do some marketing for the first time in your life. If you do not do it now, you will be saying later, "Wish I did (when Dynamike tried to help me)." Quit counting on the government's money and get to work by doing a show. And I am talking about right now.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-11-03 11:11, Al Angello wrote:
Mike
I happen to know Mark Lewis very well, and wiffledust does not fit his MO.

wiffledust is no more, so he must have been someone......

:sun:
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2012-11-04 13:11, Zombie Magic wrote:

wiffledust is no more, so he must have been someone......

...who is really banned changing his name.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
No fighting ladies.
evelyn13
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of evelyn13
Quote:
On 2012-11-04 05:20, Paddy wrote:
Evelyn, yes Joel gets by with stuff because he is Joel. I attended a Master Class on busking with Gazzo. He is THE MAN when it comes to busking. But, he used lines on some of the ladies in the crowd that would have got me slapped senseless if I even thought them. They not only liked what he said but they would drop $10 & $20 bills in the hat for him. Gazzo, Like Joel have the personality and showmanship to pull that off. Wish I did.

I heard a story about how Joel "head-butted" a lady at a trade show. It was actually part of his schtick as I understand. I know I could never get away with that--but then again--that's not my style. He's an in-your-face performer and it's made him a LOT of money....
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2012-11-04 13:31, Close.Up.Dave wrote:
No fighting ladies.

C'mon, let the ladies fight.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
“I’ve Heard…”
“Someone Told Me..”
“I went to a class with someone LIKE Joel and…”

…Hehehehe. - - Really?

Hey guys… I’m slammed right now, but just wanted to chime in for a quick moment. I KNOW Joel and have seen him work hundreds, maybe thousands of times.

He has worked for many of his clients for 30 PLUS years in a row… many still use him on a consulting and private bases to this very day. - - His re-book rate is astonishingly high cuz he delivers everything and faaaar more than he promises… and it was much more tan just the 10 grand a day.

I know of a couple companies that chose NOT to show (at the trade shows) if Joel couldn’t be there to work for them… they LOVE Joel.

He’s not perfect… no one is, but for those that actually KNOW him, (not JUST seen or HEARD of him) all call him the most kind, generous and giving professional in the industry. – That is my experience as well.

I was at the “InfoTainer Training Event” (The Trade Show Product Event – as well as other events…) as well… been to his home and seen his contracts (He gave me copies of them to use in my own business) with-out omitting the fees and privileged information or anything… it’s all there in black n’ white.

It’s true he does very little trade show or performance work anymore. (Though he still does some for those who will simply NOT let him go… he’s a good-guy that way.) He is too busy speaking all over the world about his mission in life “Passion 2 Profit! How to do what you Love and get PAID!” – He’s done that all his life and now he spend it paying it forward showing others how to do the same. (oh and YES, he makes millions do it… and good for him cuz he’s helping other do what they love! – Win! Win! Win!)

I’m back out the door for another event, but I wanted to chime in with some fist-hand insights & experience. - - Party On!

Hope that serves…
~ Deano (back) in Reno
<><
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Oh and by the way... there is TONS of video of Joel all over the internet... he's done hundreds of TV shows and appearances. Try "GOOGLE". - - His sites are all wide open as well... http://www.InfoTainer.com, http://www.JoelBauer.com, http://www.SpeakerWealth.com and many more... check FB as well.

THANKS Guys! - Whoo Hoo!

Hope that helps...
~ Dean
<><
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Dean, thanks for passing on your experiences with Joel.

Here's a funny story about Joel told by Paul Draper. Just click on the video demo:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/647

Right near the end it looks like it's over, but Paul comes back and tells his favorite part of the story.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Hehehehe... Loved It! A Bit over-animated but powerful. THANKS Brother!

Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Quote:
On 2012-11-10 00:20, TheDean wrote:
I know of a couple companies that chose NOT to show (at the trade shows) if Joel couldn’t be there to work for them… they LOVE Joel.

IF that is truly the case. Then wouldn't that company need to seriously reevaluate their product or service? Wouldn't they need to also reevaluate their sales force, management & marketing plan?

Just a few honest & sincere questions.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
I’ll make this quick since I am out the door and it’s also a bit off topic…

=1) I can’t really speak to the ‘how & why’ of Joel’s valued relationship success… I just know what I know based on real experience.

=2) I can only speak to my-own experience n the same sort of situation…

There is the one event planner I LOVE to work with and they use me for ALL of theor entertainment and if I am not available they do not book ‘entertainers’ event though I have tried my level best and even insist that they use other performers… it may not be money-making business savvey, but it’s a relationship thing.

Very much the same for me… there are parts of my business that I ONLY use THEM for parts of my business and if they can not serve, I turn-down the business in regards to that part of the event production… I have a few like that I trust emphatically and would rather NOT have just any-ol-something in lu of the success solution I KNOW serves best for my business buying relationships… kinda’ simple really.

Nothing ‘wrong’ with this business model that needs to be called into question… I just know how to best serve my relationships on all sides of the fences and it’s not worth a few bucks to compromise the success solution or outcome for money.

NOT speaking for Joel and his situation… just popping in with some insights of my own… back to the topic at hand, right?

I am at Your service and in HIS Service,
~ Deano (out the door) in Reno
<><

Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
If company A can't book Joel for their event and thus chooses not to market themsleves at that particular tradeshow, then again company A needs to reevaluate their business model. Another way to look at it: The other companies(B,C & D are there showcasing their product or service without Joel. One can assume they have been to that tradeshow before and have some level of success even without Joel. Perhaps company A should see what companies B,C & D are doing.

This is not a slam against Joel or Dean. It is simple business 101. If you can't succeed without Joel or Dean, then you need to come up with enough money to hire them 24/7 or you need to look at a new business model.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
…Or care about relationships as much as you do money... Business is not always ‘business as usual’. - - That is an individual choice and opinion in a case-by-case situation I guess. Nor is it OUR decision to make for them. – Nor was it EVER suggested that the ‘company’ would not be successful on their own as intimated and assumed… just an indavidual choice is all. Neither right or wrong… just ‘what-is’.

Party on… gotta’ jet now. – Moving On…

I am at Your Service and In HIS Service,
~ Dean
<><

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Joel Bauer performance footage (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL