The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Recommended intermediate/advanced Balloon Sculpting books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
I need to upgrade my balloon sculpting skills. Right now I do the basics: dogs, cats, giraffes, butterflies, etc. I‘m looking to learn some more intermediate or advanced sculptures that can be made from preferably one regular 260 balloon. Any suggestions for a good book?

Thanks,

Todd
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Majake314
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
245 Posts

Profile of Majake314
Theres not much intermediate/advanced stuff that can be done wiyh one 260 balloon, but there is a Lot out there with 2-3 thatlook very good.
Rather than going staright into buying a book, I reccomend you check out all the balloon twisters that post videos on youtube (there is a good list here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=181&13

After learning 10-15 2 balloon creations I reccomend you buy marks bad to the balloon dvd's
They are intermediate 2-4 balloon hats mostly using 260 balloons

This is the path I took, and it worked well. Youtube is really the place to start. Once you start learning, you pretty much cant stop!

All the best,
Jake
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
I guess 2-3 balloons would be okay. But I‘d really prefer to learn from books, if possible. Nevertheless, I‘ll check out some of those youtube recommendations. Thanks for that, Jake.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Smarty Pants World
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Smarty Pants World
I still love Captain Visual's big book of balloons. The book starts out easy but the complexity scales up as you work through the book. It was the book I started with and still one of the best. It comes in and out of print but you can apparently pick up a used copy fairly cheap on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Visuals-Bi......06516410
Sick & Twisted
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Sick & Twisted
Quote:
On 2012-11-04 15:41, todsky wrote:
I need to upgrade my balloon sculpting skills. Right now I do the basics: dogs, cats, giraffes, butterflies, etc. I‘m looking to learn some more intermediate or advanced sculptures that can be made from preferably one regular 260 balloon. Any suggestions for a good book?

Intermediate or advanced sculptures that can be made with ONE regular 260? Those don't exist. If you want a slew of easy 1-balloon creations, then you might be interested in Flower Clown's DVD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHt01fuhDTE

Quick disclaimer: I have actually never seen it, but I've heard good things and it offers 101 simple creations that generally only use a single 260.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On 2012-11-04 17:38, Smarty Pants World wrote:
I still love Captain Visual's big book of balloons. The book starts out easy but the complexity scales up as you work through the book. It was the book I started with and still one of the best. It comes in and out of print but you can apparently pick up a used copy fairly cheap on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Visuals-Bi......06516410

That sounds great! If anyone here is selling one, I‘m interested! (The used copies on Amazon don‘t seem to ship to Canada.)
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
Ken Stillman has a few ebooks that are great. They all elate to cartoons, superheroes, hitchhiker hats, etc. You can buy them from the various balloon stores online. Or you can get them from his site, balloonclick.com. It's a monthly subscription website, but you can join, download the books, and if you don't like the site, then unsubscribe. You get all the books for $10.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 08:30, Karen Climer wrote:
Ken Stillman has a few ebooks that are great. They all elate to cartoons, superheroes, hitchhiker hats, etc. You can buy them from the various balloon stores online. Or you can get them from his site, balloonclick.com. It's a monthly subscription website, but you can join, download the books, and if you don't like the site, then unsubscribe. You get all the books for $10.

Looks quite good, I think I‘ll try it for a month and download those books. Thanks Karen!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Recommended intermediate/advanced Balloon Sculpting books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL