The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Milk Glass Ultra (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

A.J.Drake
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
211 Posts

Profile of A.J.Drake
Hi everybody, I have a Milk Glass Ultra where you can pour milk from one glass to another and both glasses are equally full afterwards. Then you put a straw in it and miracly the milk will vanish.

Now my question: How can I prepare the glass in such a way, that there ist a time shift befor the milk dissappears?
I would like to put the glass on an table or in a spirit cabinet without touching it anymore, and then making the Milk dissapear.

I am thankfull for any kind of tipp or help on this.

Kind Regards

Drake
Magic is everywhere ...

www.ajdrake.de

www.facebook.com/a.j.drake
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Hello Drake, I am not aware of the magic effect you speak of. I do know Anverdi many years ago came out with a 'Magic Tray' which holds two milk glasses, as you pour milk from pitcher into one glass the other fills - you can then even pick up the filled glass due to an ingenious gimmick. On your command after the glasses have been switched around on tray, the glass depletes of milk while the empty one fills.

The explanation of this is in his Miracle With Liquids book and his later book just before he passed away.

A few years ago I filmed a few of Anverdi's liquid effects, you can see me using this tray effect below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClhXKOeU7hM

I hope this may give you some ideas.

Best Regards,

Chuck Caputo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9A4zx4rIYc&feature=plcp
A.J.Drake
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
211 Posts

Profile of A.J.Drake
Thx Chuck,
Actually it is a very easy principle and you just have to hold the (gimmicked) glass. Then you can control the "amount" of milk with just your finger. But for that you have to hold it with your fingers.

I would like to put it somewhere else (Table or spirit cabinet) and then let the amount of liquid change a few seconds later without even touching the glass.

I will have a look at your video and maybe get an idea for the solution of my little problem.

Best Regards

Drake
Magic is everywhere ...

www.ajdrake.de

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Use a plastic disk as used for spacers for glass tops on furniture, or just use a dime. Attach invisible sewing thread. Apply magicians wax on the dime or disk. Place disk/dime in glass. Pull thread to activate filling or emptying glass.
A.J.Drake
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
211 Posts

Profile of A.J.Drake
Good idea. I will give it a try.
When I use it in a spirit cabinet it should be even easier to manage.

Best regards

Drake
Magic is everywhere ...

www.ajdrake.de

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Milk Glass Ultra (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL