The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Inevitable 'Best of the Year' Thread... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've only just gotten round to reading Atlas' The Prodigal...and its very good, well worth including in the "Best of Year"...

also, a thumbs up for john riggs' nemotode, the kenton knepper penguin lecture (he's not lecturing penguins), bob's Journey Through the Fourth Dimension and White Dwarf releases...the new sized A4 P*r*l*b pad has been great for me too...as have the tarot plinths mental-craft.com made for me, and I think I should now shut up...
I've asked to be banned
prestidig
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of prestidig
Sense & Meaning from ParaLabs Thomas and Ranier: Various Doccinars especially Evoque and Psychodoolic
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
For the Bizarre,I'm going to add another one from,ProfBC/Lebanon Circle!

'The Outcast Dead'

Great set of props,and a KILLER backstory!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Dr. Bill's Bend and Michael Weber's Wallet.
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Room 237 and almost everything Paul Voodini has put out this past year. Great, great stuff.

Bruce Bernstein's Unreal - simply outstanding.

Resurrection Dreams, The Sight of Madness, O.O.B.E., and The Secret by Anthony Black. Really liking his style, looking forward to more.

Not new, but got Shane's Pentalogy this year and love it.
Rogerstatonmagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Rogerstatonmagic
My espionage wallet is my best purchase of the year
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yeah, good idea, I have to check my 213 wallets...may be I remember which wallets I bought last year... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2012-12-26 19:52, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Room 237 and almost everything Paul Voodini has put out this past year. Great, great stuff.

Bruce Bernstein's Unreal - simply outstanding.

Resurrection Dreams, The Sight of Madness, O.O.B.E., and The Secret by Anthony Black. Really liking his style, looking forward to more.

Not new, but got Shane's Pentalogy this year and love it.

Just finished reading "What Lies Inside" by Florian Severin and have to add it to my list. Excellent book.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2012-12-26 19:52, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:

Thanks Smile
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Quote:
Just finished reading "What Lies Inside" by Florian Severin and have to add it to my list. Excellent book.

I have too just finished the first reading. Yes, I really enjoyed it!
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
I don't buy much, but I am happy with what I did get this year:

GH*ST, by Professor BC -- A thing of absolute beauty. HURRY!! There are ONLY a couple left.

Dr. Bill's Bend -- I love finding a great, visual mentalism effect.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
I'm gonna add Paul Carnazzo's Dreamweaver card (mentalvoyage.com) that I've used extensively this year and has slipped my thoughts since it seems like I've been using it longer than a year.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
This one came late to the party... but.. as I received it before NYE... it still counts!! Smile

'The Right Choice' - Michael Murray.

This is the true definition of 'Bang for buck'.

I use this constantly. Love it.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On 2013-01-15 08:43, kannon wrote:
I'm gonna add Paul Carnazzo's Dreamweaver card (mentalvoyage.com) that I've used extensively this year and has slipped my thoughts since it seems like I've been using it longer than a year.

Hey Kannon,

Thanks for the mention...I'm glad you're getting some use out of this:

http://www.mentalvoyage.com/index_files/dreamweaver.htm
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who has contributed to this thread, there was a lot of great feedback, and I am sure that many of us here have benefitted from the advice of those who took the time to post their thoughts.

I know that without this guidance, I probably would never have found Steve Yachanin's 'Thought Association Card' - it was exactly what I was looking for to round out something I have been working on for a very long time. And I wanted to thank Steve publicly for his extremely gracious cooperation in my most recent project, it was my privelege to get to know him a little better. The man is a thorough gentleman and generous with his time.

I'd also like to thank Looch for his kind contribution to my upcoming new release and wanted to encourage those of you who are even remotely interested in his creations to take the time to have a look. You won't be sorry that you did!

Again, thanks to all who contributed to this thread, your advice to me was timely indeed!

Best,

Atlas
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
My vote goes to Peter Turner - Bigger Fish, that was the pubclication I liked the most all things considered.

Unreal was exceptional value.

How on earth did Luca's Emotional Mentalism win 'best book' on the whole Café? I mean - its a fairly mentalismy not exceptional mentalism book. Since its barely had a mention in this mentalism only thread, how could it possibly win when being voted on by card men, sponge ball men and the rest of the Café rabble? I smell a rat...
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
+1 Bernstein - Unreal. All the good stuff in one book Smile

best,
Sean
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
A great effect!

Quote:
On 2013-01-17 00:32, Paul Shirley wrote:
This one came late to the party... but.. as I received it before NYE... it still counts!! Smile

'The Right Choice' - Michael Murray.

This is the true definition of 'Bang for buck'.

I use this constantly. Love it.
Vincent V.
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Vincent V.
Peter Turner's Portugal Notes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Inevitable 'Best of the Year' Thread... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL