The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Repairng a Copper/Silver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardking
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
138 Posts

Profile of cardking
Dropped my copper/silver coin and 'pop' it split in two. Any suggestions on putting them back together? Should I just use crazy glue or is there something else (product or procedure) I should be considering.
Thanks
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Crazy Glue or Super Glue are not the best choices, as they are brittle, and are much more inclined to break when the items that are glued together are dropped.

Instead, use an adhesive - it will hold just has well and is not so brittle, so your gaff will be MUCH less likely to break when dripped.

Or something perhaps like JB Weld.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I think even a dab of JB weld would adversly thicken the coin. Try calling a gaffer like Lassen Or Schoolcraft Or Mark Mason and ask. Or Roy Kueppers in Canada
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very unusual for a coin to split apart on a drop. sounds like it wasn't put together right the first time.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
879 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Two part epoxy works well.
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
JB Weld two part epoxy THEN squeeze it between two pieces of wood in a vice. Let it there for 24 hours. If any glue get out of your "sandwich" while you squeeze it, wipe it off with a cloth before it dries completely.
swayne100
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of swayne100
Is it a standard half and english penny? If so, it's inexpensive enough that it might just make sense to buy a new one.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
PM TWOCAN here. He does this for a living!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Quote:
On 2012-11-26 21:05, TWOCAN wrote:
Two part epoxy works well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Repairng a Copper/Silver (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL