The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Vaudeville games (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
I'm not sure this is the right category for this question, but here goes...

I saw a show where volunteers came up on stage and raced to see who could blow up a balloon faster by sitting on a pump. it went over great and everyone had a blast.
I asked the performer where he got the idea, he told me it's an old vaudeville game and there are a ton more like it. I've searched all over for similar games, but I haven't found any.
does anyone know a good source of these cool stuff?
Michael K
View Profile
Loyal user
Hazleton, PA
249 Posts

Profile of Michael K
I have not done research on this, so I don't really know where to look. However if you sat down with a pen and paper I'm sure you could come up with some in no time. Also you would come up with ones that are current and not 100 years old.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I've read a lot of the old trade newspapers (where they often published routines verbatim), and don't recall this, or a source for material like it. I'd love to know where he found it/them.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Talk to a Old Clown..these sound like the Classic old clown Gags like Bigger, Bigger,...Niagra Falls,..Atomic Hair-grower,...Tied Gag..ect. ect....
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2012-11-29 12:38, scaress wrote:
I'm not sure this is the right category for this question, but here goes...

I saw a show where volunteers came up on stage and raced to see who could blow up a balloon faster by sitting on a pump. it went over great and everyone had a blast.
I asked the performer where he got the idea, he told me it's an old vaudeville game and there are a ton more like it. I've searched all over for similar games, but I haven't found any.
does anyone know a good source of these cool stuff?

Yes, there are a ton of audience participation games. One is to do musical chairs by removing one chair at a time, but the rules are that everyone must fit on the remaining chairs when the music stops. It gets to be very funny as the people try to figure out ways for all to fit. Many party games can be adapted into stage routines.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I have several ooooold books of party games...time to look at them again!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I've sed a version of the balloon stuff with kids. Get em racing to blow it up. If one is winning grab the balloon and turn to the other one and say "hurry up, look how well se is doing ........" And let it down I the process.

To add a bit more to it or do it as a bar bet.........., use nappy wrapper liners (really long plastic bags with no end) ...... You can race anyone, give them a massive head start but still beat them use the phrase inflate rather than blow up. There is some physics in there if you don't know how to inflate it quickly pm me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Vaudeville games (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL