The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Last Dream (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Anyone using this Bob Neale effect from his book "The Magic Mirror" yet?

I think it's great. Worth the price of the book.

Paul.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Can you give us a description of the effect?

Thanx Paul
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
You have cards shaped like gravestones and you tell of a recurring dream where you were wandering through a cemetary looking at the stones but that they were so old and weathered you couldn't read them. They are shown and there is nothing on them. You have the dream again the next night and wander all around the gravestones and see nothing.The other side of the cards is shown. The following night in the dream one of the stones has your name on (one of the cards has).

You knocked the stone over in the dream and rubbed it on the ground to try and rub your name off. It disappears.

The cards are shown blank both sides as you point out you woke up relieved. The next night the name is back, and you start to worry that some time in the future more information might appear on the stone, like your date of death. It does!

I think you get the drift of the routine, I've left out the climax line.

Paul Hallas.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Cool! I'm putting that book on my list.

Thank you Paul.
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
You can see Eugene Burger presenting this routine, and it is good, on one of the Voyages tapes the L & L recently published.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I made myself a jumbo set yesterday printed on gray card and then laminated them. I also put an inscription on my tombstone;
"Paul left his mark on society,
now others have to clean it up."

Paul Hallas. Smile
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
I saw Eugene do it in a show in Salem, MA a couple years ago, and it was absolutely wonderful. Very "Eugene-y" :o)
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Not that the effect isn't bizzare & emotional enough, but think what effect this would have on a spectator if you secretly found out his or her name prior & had their name written on the card. Talk about having to have some real guts man "The Web" couldn't hold a candle to that.
Allen Gittelson
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
145 Posts

Profile of Allen Gittelson
It is a strong piece. A dear friend of mine is working heartily on his own presentation of this, and I'm sure it will be wonderful.

In thoughts,
Allen
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2002-05-24 08:11, tboehnlein wrote:
Not that the effect isn't bizzare & emotional enough, but think what effect this would have on a spectator if you secretly found out his or her name prior & had their name written on the card. Talk about having to have some real guts man "The Web" couldn't hold a candle to that.

No need for this, the ending is unsettling enough as you pass the dream on. I can see where you are coming from for a "one off" presentation, tell them to imagine they were having a dream and in that dream..with similar closing lines they have the escape clause of passing the dream on by retelling. Without this the effect would not be as well rounded.
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
I think I need to buy this book. Does he have a website.
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Eugene stayed with me in Dublin four years ago. At about 2 in the morning (when Eugene really wakes up) he performed this. I couldn't believe that he was 'tempting fate' in this way. It had a stunning effect on me and when he gave the final line (which theatrically releases the tension), I hooted with laughter at the brilliance of the piece.

It is superb magickal theatre.

PS. Let us not forget the genius of Bob Neale who created the presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Last Dream (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL