The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Ballycast #60 - The Triumphant Return of Carisa Hendrix (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Carisa's back, and I'm asking her the questions I should have asked two years ago. She's now a Guiness World Record holder, and there's a link to the video of her feat (in Italian, and those hosts are sleaz-o!) on the podcast webpage HERE.

Also, samples of photos (and links to needle-sharp full-size photos) of Coney Island's legendary parks in the 19-teens (see what an 8x10 glass negative could do), and an excellent use of your tax dollars (a huge permanent display of "pickled punks" so disturbing I really can't show them, really truly!).

Plus what happens when you take your skills to a party, and why you need to wash behind your ears, courtesy of Gracie Fields.

Come and hear this one, it's a good one!
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
Is that a Ruger 10/22?
Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
Thanks Wayne for the kind words about Sideshow World. It's always a pleasure to promote the Ballycast on Sideshow World.

BTW another great show!

John
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2012-12-01 03:50, petekoloz wrote:
Is that a Ruger 10/22?

I dunno - $99 Wal-Mart special, my kids are bored with shooting such a wimpy weapon, it's gathering dust in a closet.

On the other hand, it comes in very handy as a threat when people bring over their unruly offspring. "I don't care if you want to see Little Mermaid for the 4th time, I'm watching Hostel, now scram!"

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2012-12-01 12:31, Utah_Showman wrote:
Thanks Wayne for the kind words about Sideshow World. It's always a pleasure to promote the Ballycast on Sideshow World.

BTW another great show!

John

I had meant to notify you personally. It's not nearly enough tribute for all you do for the field!

PS - if you ever decide to 'retire', I urge you to "pass on" the site to someone who will keep it alive.

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
TO MY ITUNES LISTENERS:

ITUNES SUCKS BIGTIME, AND I'LL TELL YOU WHY!

If you're a podcaster and you release an episode, and the podcast webpage contains ANY OTHER AUDIO FILE LINKS other than the podcast file, iTunes will provide you listeners with the wrong file. Every single time. That's why you got a short mp3 of Gracie Fields singing "I Took My Harp To A Party" and nothing else.

The "corrected" release fixes that, but really truly, iTunes is horrid!

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Does that mean you have to have a fresh web page for every ballycast that you put on to iTunes?
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Truly, I dunno. I assume that you do.

ITunes came, for me, after the podcast was several episodes old. And I planned the podcast around Wordpress, to have a detailed webpage supporting each episode. I like it very much that way. The general details of podcast/blog feeds escapes me (I really don't know how I did it in the first place), and also the details of putting together a feed suitable for iTunes has fled my memory.

All I know is, the two or three times this has happened, the "I just got this song, not your podcast" involved songs that were in that month's podcast, so I knew it was something to do with the webpage. I changed the page's other links to direct people to a page where they could download the songs, instead of directing them straight to the music files, and published a revised page (so people would get the update in their feed), and the problem cleared up.

Two or three times ... they say the memory is the first thing to go.

I hate iTunes.

corsufle
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of corsufle
Well, I am happy that you put up with iTunes anyway because that is an easier and better way to get podcasts. Thanks for bringing Carisa back for an encore. Good Ballycast this time!
Who is the Fool with the guitar?
Find out at HobbyhorseMusic.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Carisa is rubbish, I think you should ban her! Then send her to the uk as punishment ...... Would love to see her perform in "real life". She as some really cool video lips out here. Buy that gal can move!
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Dave_matkin:

May I suggest, beer is not your friend? Tsk, tsk ... and so early in the morning?

Oh, yes, one more thing ... I'll bet you don't look anywhere near as good in a dress.

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I look no worse in a dress than I do in a pair of slacks. But that is not saying much!

I did mean video clips (not lips)! And I meant "boy that girl can move"! And I am referring to her dance / fire/ glow poi etc etc

See here:-

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GO8Kn2vieK8

Also I think she, like you, demonstrate a good choice if music (same clip as above - I went to iTunes (sorry to offend your ears Ross) and checked out the group she used in that YouTube clip and they are pretty good.

And before you ask .....,the only dance I do is "jazz hands"!

Does anyone know where the locationis ..... It looks like a walk way over a road. Cool looking structure!

Also beer whilst not my friend ..... It did build this town (Button on Trent) once the brewing capital of the UK and world come to that! Can't stand the stuff myself!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Ballycast #60 - The Triumphant Return of Carisa Hendrix (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL