The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Gordon's Gold Dust (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Imagine a performer claiming they were giving away their best material, developed and refined over a period of 35 years, for only £50.

You'd probably think he was mad.

I'm sure he is.

Paul Gordon has officially released Gold Dust, a book containing his best ever creations.

Gold Dust is only available directly from Paul Gordon. http://www.paulgordon.net/golddust.html

Some of you like Paul, some of you don't.

I do, so I'll be asking for this book for Christmas.

It'll be the best present I could ask for in 2012.

Thanks Paul for spending the last four years putting this gem together. I appreciate it.

J
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Is this available now or is it on pre-order
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Where's the contents list mentioned?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The contents list is right there when you click on the above link. It is on a very large, orange colored box running the entire left of the site. The box is titled "Contents of Gold Dust". It seems almost impossible to miss on my browser.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks! That's what I get for looking at it on my iPhone.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
I jumped at this. Anything involving a long-time pro tipping their act is going to be worthwhile and this definitely is.
The material is great; this is like a condensed "best of" book, with new material, performance tips and very clean, clear explanations. It's worth checking out the contents list on Paul's website because he has some links to great clips so you can see how the effects work in the real world. There's going to be something in here for everyone, I would think. There are definitely quite a few 10/10 items.
Although the material is the whole point of the book, it's probably worth mentioning the quality of the book itself - it's a cloth-bound, gold foil embossed hardback, very nicely produced and built to last.
I think this is going to go down as a classic. Definitely one for the Christmas list, if you haven't already ordered it.

Thank you Paul for producing this...!
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
I received my copy of 'Gold Dust' this morning (thank you Paul!) and it is a beautifully produced hardback, and while I have not had any time to really delve into it properly yet, I am familiar with Paul's work and I have a few of his books so I know the material wil be top class. I really am sure this will soon be considered a classic of card magic, alongside the likes of Marlo, Vernon, Ortiz, Tamariz, Lorayne and the like. I know this book will expand my repertoire significantly.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Nice one Thom. Thanks for the update.

Can't wait to receive mine.

A late entrant (and guaranteed winner) for book of the year.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
This looks excellent! Geeze between this and all of the NYC Coin Magic Symposium DVDs I will be a broke but happy bloke Smile

Jamie,

Since I am running the Book of the Year Award, I can't comment to your comment Smile That said, if I suddenly see a LOT of Scottish folk voting on this book, I will send my cousin Luigi and his Dutch friend Jos to steal your kilt!!!

You have been warned Smile

Namaste,
Vlad

PS: If you don't own a kilt, then, well, if I were you, I would look out for stray flying cabers.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I have received this and this is a gorgeous looking book! I haven't had the chance to look through the book as yet but will be doing so this evening, looking forward to reading the contents
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Paul has some good sutff to be sure but much of it has been released in the past. I am sure someone will pipe up about how much is new. If you have not purchased his work previously this is a good collection. I think the best value on his site is his 3 DVD set (forget the name). It is home brew production values but it has tons of stuff on it.
sthielman
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
129 Posts

Profile of sthielman
I like Gordon a lot, but his books and tricks do tend to be variations on a theme and a lot of the books contain, by self admission, a lot of previously published material. Would anyone who's got the book comment on how much of this one repeats previously released material?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
He shows performance vids from the book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVBTbmsEigE
necro555
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of necro555
Hoping there are no minor variations in this book
Incognito
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Incognito
Quote:
On 2013-05-25 21:36, sthielman wrote:
I like Gordon a lot, but his books and tricks do tend to be variations on a theme and a lot of the books contain, by self admission, a lot of previously published material. Would anyone who's got the book comment on how much of this one repeats previously released material?

Why not just go here http://www.paulgordon.net/golddust.html and click on the link that lists the contents of the book?
necro555
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of necro555
I recognise Psychotronic Rides Again which he had previously published, I believe.

Hard to tell how much are minor variations, looking at just the names of the tricks, but if history is any indicator, I'd be wary.
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Check this thread (first two pages)for more information on "Psychotronic Rides Again", a watered down "version" of Darwin Ortiz' "The Psychotonic Card":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
necro555
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of necro555
Ah yes, thanks for posting that thread.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Gordon's Gold Dust (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL