The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Attitude. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
This is a RANT. Not due to any comments directed at me, Just from doing reading and being bored and seeing how people treat other people on here.

Seriously, People need to to get off their high horses and put their attitudes in check on this website. Every time I come back from a break on this site it seems like people are more stuck up and insulting than ever. There needs to be a REP POWER or Honor points system put into play, and if you get enough bad hits, you cant post for a while or something.

You people make me sick. Get out your of your own heads, your on a MAGIC FORUM!!!!

To the VAST majority of everyone else on this site that are positive, friendly people. Cheers to you!!!!!! Stay the way you are because we all love you!!!

/end rant.
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
This thread is unworthy of me.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
calebjuggles
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of calebjuggles
I totally agree. Its gotten insane. Though magician feuds ARE kinda funny...
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Mule Henderson
Yeah I used to be on here a lot more. Just came back recently and gave some insight, of course I get reemed by a group of bullies and barnacles that don't like what I have to say. The satisfaction comes from the fact they don't know who I really am.

My biggest issue is with these barnacles that latch on to people that are actually talented, educated, and eloquent in their posts and discussions. If you dare criticize someone's work the barnacles go on defending the people they follow as if someone insulted their mother. I'm tired of these "fanboy" types.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
On The Café when you get bullied by a troll, it's called getting an "Octopus Sun".
Mule Henderson
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Mule Henderson
Quote:
On 2012-12-02 21:16, Zombie Magic wrote:
On The Café when you get bullied by a troll, it's called getting an "Octopus Sun".

haha I love that. people in the card forums may not get that joke though.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-12-02 23:13, Mule Henderson wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-02 21:16, Zombie Magic wrote:

haha I love that. people in the card forums may not get that joke though.

Ture, but these trolls can come out from under any bridge, so it's best to prepare them.

:firedevil:
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Admit there is a lot of bullying and condenscending here at times. It can be very entertaining; and sometimes plain disappointing in human behavior. The monitoring process, as a whole, seems to work fine. After all, the Café can ban anyone without even giving a reason. A low point for me was being insulted by a magician I've been a fan of for many years. Found out he's just an S.O.B.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I have had my share of bullying on here. I think we should be able to disagree, but be civil about it. Insults don't add to the discussion. I notice when these back and forth barbs are being displayed for us like a soap opera, the main topic gets taken over. This is sad because the person who started each thread does so for a reason. And when this little farce becomes the main topic, it misses the point entirely.

Let return to civility and give everyone on here respect so they can have that feeling that we can give our comments without getting the third degree.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
You're on a website full of magicians, I believe if there was a study done, magician would be among the top ten professions where everybody thinks they're right, and everybody else is wrong.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I think the biggest problem is that your tone or intent is not always taken in context with the written word. Then the flame war begins that shouldnt have ever happened. just a different opinion that was taken as a direct dig.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
Quote:
On 2012-12-03 19:18, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I think the biggest problem is that your tone or intent is not always taken in context with the written word.

Wrong.People never misunderstand sarcasm on the Internet.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2012-12-03 19:24, Cain wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-03 19:18, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I think the biggest problem is that your tone or intent is not always taken in context with the written word.

Wrong.People never misunderstand sarcasm on the Internet.

That's so true. I think this thread is a travesty and all involved in it should be banned for life. Or given forty lashes. Whichever.
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
900 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
Nothing will alter.
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2012-12-03 17:10, Gary T. wrote:
You're on a website full of magicians, I believe if there was a study done, magician would be among the top ten professions where everybody thinks they're right, and everybody else is wrong.

Try joining a Ballet Company.
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Magic Pierre
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Magic Pierre
"Wrong.People never misunderstand sarcasm on the Internet."

This has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a long, long time.
Magic Pierre
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Magic Pierre
And I'm not being sarcastic.
Magic Pierre
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Magic Pierre
Seriously.
oscarf
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of oscarf
Quote:
On 2012-12-04 09:39, panlives wrote:

That's for sure.

How about the United States Congress?

Let's simplify and make a list of assemblages where people DO respect each other's opinions and listen attentively and open-mindedly, altering there opinions when the facts dictate it. Let's see, um, ... well, there's ... um ...

Oh, and regarding not getting the joke, please see the "Card to Wallet - Best one?" thread in this forum - you don't have to read far Smile
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2012-12-04 15:05, oscarf wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-04 09:39, panlives wrote:

...Let's simplify and make a list of assemblages where people DO respect each other's opinions and listen attentively and open-mindedly, altering there opinions when the facts dictate it. Let's see, um, ... well, there's ... um ...

No... hold on... I know this one.... it's...., erm....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Attitude. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL