The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Jumbo B'Wave (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BenCummings
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of BenCummings
Hi - does anyone know anyone who makes custom "jumbo" cards? I am trying to track someone down to make me a jumbo B'wave.

Thanks!

Ben
Conversations With Mind Readers - Crawl inside the minds of 32 of the greatest<br> mentalists on the planet. After a decades absence, it's available again on a limited basis:

http://conversationswithmindreaders.com
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
BenCummings
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of BenCummings
Perfect thanks!

Ben
Conversations With Mind Readers - Crawl inside the minds of 32 of the greatest<br> mentalists on the planet. After a decades absence, it's available again on a limited basis:

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hi Ben, I was going to suggest the commercial Jumbo B'Wave but you asked about having them made, so I refrained. Thought you might've wanted special cards or something. Anyway, the Jumbo sets are easy enough to find so glad you were shown the way as to it.

Hey, here's another Jumbo set that's pretty neat you might be interested in. Like B'Wave, they make it in Poker size too as a packet trick and it plays pretty well, pretty clever little thing. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpiPJc1iMqg

Oh, and welcome to the Café. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
BenCummings
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of BenCummings
Ideally I am looking for someone who can custom make the cards for me. I am looking to add some different elements to the commercially available ones.

Can anyone direct me to someone who does custom gaffed cards? Thanks again for the assistance, much appreciated -

Ben Cummings

konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
395 Posts

Profile of konjurer
If you find anyone, then let me know. I was interested as well. I don't really like the version that is currently available. I think I would rather have the same size cards, with Jokers and with bicycle backs (or a very similar back).

Tim
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I, too am VERY interested in recommendations for someone who can make exceptional quality custom-made JUMBO cards.

The late GREAT Neil Lester of Cards by Martin made a TON of standard, poker-sized gaff cards for routines by Bro. John Hamman and Max Maven for me, and to this day I have never seen finer custom card work. His inlays for the special cards needed for Bro. John Hamman's "Magician VS. Gambler " routine are truly magnificent and of the highest quality.

I would love to see JUMBO card gaffs of the caliber of work that Neil Lester did for me, but I never have

Bring 'em on!
msmagic1
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of msmagic1
Me too
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
You might check Williams' Magic in Tucson. Nice people and Emory does great custom work on standard items like you're searching for...

Julie
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Does anyone make a B'Wave version with KINGS instead of QUEENS? Jumbo or standard size.
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Found out Simon Lovell has a version of "twisted sisters" except with kings called "Transpo Kings". But only in poker size.
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2013-02-10 22:29, Stephon Johnson wrote:
Does anyone make a B'Wave version with KINGS instead of QUEENS? Jumbo or standard size.

Jumbo cards are generally intended to be used in a stage or parlor type performance.
Which in that case I just make my own gaffs because you don't need to split them.
You just vary carefully cut them and then glue the individual pieces onto a regular card.
The extra thickness is not noticeable from a distance and besides people aren't used to seeing jumbo cards so they aren't really sure how thick they are normally anyway.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Jumbo B'Wave (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL