The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Instant Induction Script for Mentalism Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Reg and mindpunisher

thanks. I'm still interested in how often that happens to hypnotists who do line people up and hypnotise them one by one.

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
It doesn't happen often because the hypnotist stands behind them and positions himself so they fall against them. Plus if hes any good he /she will know what they are doing. I have seen hypnotists taken by surprise when someone crumbles into a heap or falls over like a plank of wood because they didn't prepare for it and were not standing in the correct position. I saw it once at a hypnotherapy training where they were demoing instant inductions. I knew the way it was being demonstrated that it was risky. Sure enough this big guy just went out like a light and fell over like a straight plank of wood. The trainer tried to grab him but was half his weight and went with him! However if he had been in the right position and knew a couple of ways to let him down it would have been no problem.

But that's not the issue. The issue is about someone who wants to mess with scripts to make it appear as if someone has been hypnotized. The problem is that if you mess with scripts you have a high chance of someone going into trance so you should know how to make it safe. Its not something that should be taken lightly especially in a show situation where the audience will be more suggestible than normal.

I don't see What Reg describes as other people going along with suggestions as being a problem because "the induction" is only part of a mentalism routine. And you find that the bigger the audience the more that kind of thing happens. Something to do with group dynamics.
BenCummings
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of BenCummings
Thanks for the description of the potential issue. You raise a good point. I do have some background with hypnosis so if this happens, I'm comfortable I can safely deal with it. I am not doing a full on "induction" either, as most hypnotists would define it. Anyway, food for thought -

Ben
Conversations With Mind Readers - Crawl inside the minds of 32 of the greatest<br> mentalists on the planet. After a decades absence, it's available again on a limited basis:

http://conversationswithmindreaders.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What is a "full induction"?

Your answer might surprise you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
What is your answer, Danny?

Regards,
Mike
Jesse Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Jesse Lewis
People go into hypnosis when its framed as hypnosis, why not frame the mentalism effect for what it is a mentalism effect. It may sound harsh but why involve hypnosis at all. For me personally hypnosis and mentalism are kept seperate even if I do them both in a show hypnosis is hypnosis and mentalism is mentalism.

For a simple Induction its as simple as ``and now close your eyes and follow all of my directions`` that is all that is really needed for hypnosis, since hypnosis is exactly that people following directions.

I think framing your effect as a thought transference or psychic feat will not only be more effective for the audiance but also more true to the art form.

If you are really focused on using the hypno premise do a pretest with the person magnetic fingers or hands or a sit down test. ( For more info kreskin did this on his show)

Ben I hope you have success, No matter how you frame it.

Jesse
Learn how to build a bigger business at www.showbizsuccesssecrets.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Instant Induction Script for Mentalism Show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL