The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What Tricks guarantee they ask for a card? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
I used to always use a business card when doing Card Warp.

I made a joke out of the fact that it was an old card,
that I'd had to move ..
for tax reasons ...

so don't try calling me at that number.

Planted a big enough seed for them to usualy ask for the nice new shiny one

TH
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Profile of Dimitri Mystery Artist
I was more interesting not who ask my card or not but rather what tricks gets me the most gigs, yeah I know that personality is more important but nevertheless I have wondered if there is any conclusion I can figure out just from keeping track.

I have found what tricks gets me the strongest reactions and what tricks makes people want to hire me...
just wanted to share this, I think it helps to oriented yourself in doing what people remember from you.
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
This is a really good idea that I have not thought about, Usually when people ask me to do something for them I always have coins or a deck of cards on me, Ill do ambitious or a coins across or something... But doing a small mental effect using your business card as the prediction is a great idea, Ill have to change my card so that I have white on the back, its black on both sides right now.

So that does bring me to a question, Where should I start looking for a quick, seemingly impossible prediction on the back of a card? Any suggestions? I have never used a NW, But that is something I shall look into. Anything else someone might suggest that hits pretty hard from personal experience?

(Sorry to semi-thread jack)
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Kameron: The first effect here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cFyvFfJXY

Derek: Corinda and Osterlind are good places to start. Ammar was mentioned, and Sankey's got some stuff. I think there might even be something in Mark Wilson.

Ed
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

Profile of Kameron Messmer
I had forgotten, but ome of my business cards have the 4 suits and ace-king printed so I can do predictions with frixion pens... Have to go back to that..
Siraldi
View Profile
Regular user
Johnson City, Tennessee
102 Posts

Profile of Siraldi
I want to add that we ARE professionals and are comparable to doctors. I was told by my magic mentor that we are possibly even more specialized than a doctor. We work hard. BUT... we are also marketers. I wouldn't do trick after trick after trick for someone for no reason... but doctors give out sample medications. I carry 3 rubber bands on my wrist; some coins in my pocket (I'm always doing a coin roll); a deck of cards; and that's usually it... but most all the time. Also... learn some business card tricks. If you do a trick with them... you can give them to them. I'm a big socializer outside of magic... but I use magic at the bar every weekend. I have gotten a couple parties from it... and a couple phone numbers. Use it to network. Give them your card for another reason besides magic specifically? I tell people to like my facebook page and follow me because I'm trying to make a name. anything like that works.
seneca77
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa Bay, Florida
201 Posts

Profile of seneca77
Quote:
On 2012-12-08 13:51, Derek Castillo wrote:
This is a really good idea that I have not thought about, Usually when people ask me to do something for them I always have coins or a deck of cards on me, Ill do ambitious or a coins across or something... But doing a small mental effect using your business card as the prediction is a great idea, Ill have to change my card so that I have white on the back, its black on both sides right now.

So that does bring me to a question, Where should I start looking for a quick, seemingly impossible prediction on the back of a card? Any suggestions? I have never used a NW, But that is something I shall look into. Anything else someone might suggest that hits pretty hard from personal experience?

(Sorry to semi-thread jack)

Check out Steve Yachanin's Thought Association Card. See http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=303 for a discussion on this excellent effect.

I've used my business card to write the final word on and it's definitely well received.

- Bob
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
The "StockHolder" business card wallet by Greg Willson uses the OTL principle using your business card. A great way to reveal a prediction and pass out your card.

Tom
Regards,
Silverthorne
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok I gotta ask here.

Do you REALLY think that someone is going to keep this card and call you just because you did a trick with it? I mean if you haven't done enough before that then forget it.

I think magicians get so caught up in what THEY like and just forget reality.

I will admit I have had people come back in after a year with a signed card. But when you think of the literally THOUSANDS of cards that have been signed, it would be less than 1/2 of 1%!

Doing tricks with business cards just does not ever mean for a second they are going to keep it much less call you because of it. Magicians are in love with the concept I get it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

I know the percentage of people who keeps cards are low. That's why we order thousands. I just don't want to have to force a card on people (pun intended). I was wondering if there was any trick you all did that made them ASK for a card. Even if they didn't keep it, or book a show.
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

I'm not that naive. The only time I AM is when someone says they will call me about a specific show. Then I expect it. But when I'm at a restaurant and just hand a card out to a random person, I don't expect much. It's gambling at that point, and I thought the pro's might have a trick up their sleeve that cements in the clients mind (This guy is AWESOME!)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The show you do before the card is the only thing that assures that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

I wasnt even thinking about a show, I was thinking more in public and you say "im a magician" and they say "show me something" Obviously a show would lend right into people asking for a card.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What Tricks guarantee they ask for a card? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL