The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A script for the owners of Outlaw's Etherica (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Here is my first draft of the Etherica story...

Quote:
Dark Matter (Etherica by Outlaw Effects)

Our Universe… the totality of existence… intergalactic space, galaxies, stars, planets and all matter and energy… an ever changing cauldron of protons and electrons, gas and rocks, colliding and rearranging… a cosmic billiard table where an occasional visitor from that chaos lands on earth in the form of a meteorite like this one.

(Display meteorite, pass it around during the next paragraph).

In 1834, a French scientist named Andre-Marie Ampere posited that all meteorites contained a free-energy source… that they acquired particles of dark matter as it passed through the cosmos and he was sure he could harness that power with a machine to collect that energy. After numerous tries and prototypes, Andre finally created his “Etheric Battery.” But typical of far-advanced ideas, Andre was never able to convince the established academics of the import of his device.

(Take out the box which houses the "Etherica")

That brings us to Cornelius Hobbs. Who better to curate such a marvelous device? The powerful Sanctum Society managed to obtained the “Etheric Battery” and loaned it to Cornelius to sequester into the Museum Obscura… out of the reach of the general public. After Cornelius died, Sanctum distributed the contents of the Museum Obscura among dedicated Sanctum members to hold and protect.

And that brings us to the contents of this box. (open the box, take out the pieces showing them around) The original “Etheric Battery.” The base… the collector platform with a charged meteorite and the emitter assembly. In pieces, it is simply antiquated technology… but when assembled… we have here the energy source of the universe.

Let’s put it together. (collect the pieces and assemble the "Etherica", demonstrating how the pieces fit, letting the spectators help hold the different parts, showing no concern that the spectators will discover anything “sneaky” about the “Etherica”)

As in all batteries… you need a negative and positive source of energy. This meteorite attached to the collector is negatively charged with dark matter. And the meteorite that I passed around holds a positive charge.

We can demonstrate the power of dark matter by placing the positively charged meteorite close to the collector. (Speaking to a spectator nearest to you) Would you like to do that for us (show them what to do, but don’t bring the meteorite close to the “Etherica.” You want the spectator to be the one that “triggers” it, “jazz” some of the dialog here if needed... now have them move the meteorite away from the Etherica… as the light dims… now have a second spectator take the meteorite and try it… emphasis the next line) Put it near the collector… (as the light glows) …can you feel the energy coursing through the meteorite? (they will… now have them move the meteorite away from the Etherica… and the light dims and goes out... now take the meteorite back).

(The following is said as you quickly dismantle the Etherica) Was this story simply fiction? Maybe? But what can we learn from a fanciful tale? Just as this light was but a dim beam in the dark… it is a beacon that guides us to the wonders of science and the marvels of the unknown that awaits us all.

Your input is REQUIRED!!! Feel free to use this script, or modify it if it suits your purpose.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
For anyone interested in the modifications and additions that I performed to Outlaw's "Etherica," see the following picture (a bit blurry, I was in a hurry) and the corresponding text. These changes enable the "Etherica" to be used with the script that I posted above.

1) I glued the 3 legs to the middle stabilizer platform. I needed a firm support for the meteorite and this makes assembling the "Etherica" easier. You don't loose time with extra added "beats" in the routine, trying to juggle the three legs, middle platform and the top and bottom pieces. It's smoother... you simply have three pieces (base, middle and top) to assemble, and you can hand these pieces out to the spectators without fear of them dropping the smaller parts.

2) I hot glued the meteorite to the center platform. This is not only a major part of my script, but the meteorite serves two other purposes (unknown to the audience). It helps add weight to the middle and base of the prop, therefore stabilizing the whole unit. And secondly, for those that own an "Etherica" you should see how the added weight helps make sure that the unit performs properly. I won't say anymore about that aspect, those owners will understand.

3) Of course, I added a loose second meteorite to the kit (seen to the right of the "Etherica"). Both of these meteorites are real stony meteorites, 4.3 billion years old, and their shape, color and unusual weight (stony meteorites are denser than earth rocks of the same size due to the composition of about 5% iron and nickel scattered throughout the meteorite) adds and extra air of mystery to the performance. And the spectators are thrilled to be able to handle a real rock from space.

These modifications and additions to the "Etherica," along with the script above, makes for a "logical" and interesting reason for such an wonderfully apparent "steam punk" relic from another century. This is not a sales pitch, but if you decide to follow suit and buy an "Etherica" (or retool your existing "Etherica") in this manner, please PM me and I can supply you with two real meteorites that you can use for the routine (for a nominal price). Or you can purchase meteorites from that famous BIG auction site. The benefit of buying from me is you will be assured of getting authentic space rocks, at a bargain basement price (I buy in bulk from northern Africa) and not some misidentified piece of junk from China.
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
I don't own etherica but I was extremely entertained just reading that. Brilliant.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 16:22, bobbyhasbun wrote:
I don't own etherica but I was extremely entertained just reading that. Brilliant.

Thanks... I'm glad you enjoyed it. You really should think about getting an Etherica... it's one kick-butt prop.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Al, your scripts are poor gold!
Bob
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2012-12-08 03:47, Intrepid wrote:

Well... I could charge you something for them and then they wouldn't be so "poor" Smile Just kidding... thanks for the nice compliment.
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
Quote:
On 2012-12-08 07:47, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-08 03:47, Intrepid wrote:

Well... I could charge you something for them and then they wouldn't be so "poor" Smile Just kidding... thanks for the nice compliment.

Hello Al,

One year later to the day; what are your experiences with Etherica now?
Fencesitting, hemorrhoids, me (you can make your own sentence with that) Smile

VH
The Epiphany Before Christmas: this day (12/23/13) I leave the Café for good!
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Great script, and a unique approach with the meteor and dark matter.
Thanks for sharing. I have an one on order that I'm anxiously awaiting....

Al, how has your year with Etherica been?? Anyone else using this devilish device?
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Al, I would also be interested to hear about your experiences with Etherica.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A script for the owners of Outlaw's Etherica (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL