The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Pocket Power ??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
Anyone have any info on this? It looks interesting with some big name endorsements. I can't decide if I will buy this next, or Leading With Your Head but my first question is, is this a book or a pamphlet? How many pages etc... this is not answered on the web site

http://www.leirpoll.com/pocket.htm

A review might be helpful
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
I have pocket power book n video. I would advise you to get both, although both contains the same material. the reason is that the video will help you to understand better in performing the newspaper tear. the newspaper tear is a great trick and it is rather tiring to learn it from the book. trust me.

on the other the book has a bonus section which the video does not have. the bonus section contains material on practising, confidence, tips on performing magic on tv, and others. oh get his rubber egg also...it's fun to play with it.

leading with your head is not a trick book. it focused on the psychology(sp?) of performing magic. it covers timing of movements, hand gestures, interaction with the audience, how to achieve the maximum impact...and many others. it's a great book to improve on your magic skills. it' 50 pages but dun judge a book by its pages. they are not very expensive, consider how many c*** tricks out there in the market. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

wong yujie
never try, never know
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
Yes I have heard that about Leading With Your Head and that is why I want it! Thanks for the response you answered all my explicit and implicit questions.
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I think the book and video are both pretty good and he has some interesting ideas. I wasn't "knocked out" by the material, but it is solid.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I have the video. I liked the $100 bill switch a lot (no TT!) Some nice tips on basic misdirection too.

Jack Shalom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Pocket Power ??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL